Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:00:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: subtract a mesh from its texture  (Read 3824 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
irmgard

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:14:57 am »

I know it was explained long ago but I forgot , wen I open the texture in simpe 73 and extract the mesh the texture is also there i can edit the gmdc but it still saves as a texture what did I do wrong? please help Embarrassed
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:17:26 pm »

The mesh is in the "gmdc" resource, while the texture is in the "txtr" resource. They have to be extracted (or changed) separately.

Click the "extract" button to save a mesh (will save as an obj file, unless you've tampered with the settings). THe texture will save as a picture file (different formats, so make sure you save as the correct one - "bmp" and "png" usually works. Use "png" for transparent textures).

If the mesh has an animated skeleton (body/hair/accessory, and some objects), you have to right-click the GMDC resource and choose "extract". When you've edited the mesh, right-click and choose "replace".

Other than that I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "i can edit the gmdc but it still saves as a texture"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:23:45 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: