Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:49:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brazilian Carnival outfits  (Read 7983 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Daphne

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:53:11 am »

I'm actually looking for the parade outfits of the Brazilian dancers, those with large feathers...

Thanks

Daphne

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:56:23 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:59 am »

Any time you make a request, can please include a picture? (Just do not hotlink, please - share it via 3rd party image host, like Photobucket)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ranabluu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:38:32 pm »

Hi,

You might find some things similar at this link. 
http://files.sims2graveyard.com/forward_motion

Sometimes you have to stop and take a moment for yourself.
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 06:56:49 am »

Thanks ranabluu. Hope the pic below makes sense:

*Admin note: Image added to first post*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:59:04 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 09:58:18 am »

Yes, thanks. I've added it to your first post so people can see it as soon as they open the thread. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:15 am »

I snagged some outfits like that from AAS a few years back. I'm pretty sure I got them from their Yahoo group where they moved items they no longer had room for at the main site.  The link for the All About Style yahoo group is here http://www.all-about-style.com/links.html . I went to log in to Yahoo to doublecheck and make sure , but I haven't logged in for years and they wanted to send a message to my phone to confirm , which they said could cost me money. So, that ain't happening.  Cheesy I also have a few other Carnivalish outfits from somewhere else that I got years ago , I'll edit and add info if I can figure out where I snagged them from.

ETA After poking around I found these

They came from Biene at http://www.sim2-fashion.de/sim2-fashion.de/Home.html which is toast. I used the wayback machine to get to here
https://web.archive.org/web/20070607212351/http://www.sim2-fashion.de/datenbank/include.php?path=content/overview.php&letter=&catid=71&themeid=&type=4&order=&entries=8 I actually managed to snag one of the outfits and a mesh from that by right clicking and saving on the gibberish text , but no go on the other one. Anyway , I uploaded two textures and two meshes  ( that was all I stuck in my dl folder so I wouldn't have to wait for 15 gigs to load  Cheesy) for you here https://www.mediafire.com/?8b4zb3v5c0vrvf4 I'm not sure if both meshes are needed , or just one....and I'm too lazy to find out  Cheesy I looked at the Graveyard and didn't see any of that (Biene's stuff I uploaded)there. If you can't find the AAS stuff just give me a shout and I'll try to send it your way.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:49:03 am by mookie » Logged
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 06:32:18 pm »

Mookie! Thanks a lot for your research! I'll check how it works...
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 06:58:22 pm »

Hi Mookie! Sorry for the late reply. I had some technical problems. Now I tried see if the meshes and textures you uploaded to mediafire worked... to no avail, I'm afraid. I checked all outfits and they do not show up. Nor do they as accessories.
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:22:26 am »

Sad That's pretty weird . I started a new Sims 2 game , generating all new everything. I added those two meshes and those two textures I uploaded and nothing else and they showed up for me. I took the pics I posted in CAS right then as well. I never use bodyshop. Hopefully someone else can try them and see if they work for them and post back. They should show up in everyday , don't know about anything else , didn't check. They are fullbody clothing ( not top and bottom) for female adult.
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 02:49:27 am »

I got a lot of stuff on my installation and also some repeated outfits that stand for meshes that had become incompatible. I will look for this incompatibility tester I used a long time ago and see where Biene's Brasil outfits are. Thanks, Mookie
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 04:47:18 am »

Hey, I found one at last! You are my hero, Mookie! Have been removing the clutter and finally found one of the 2 outfits.
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:27:33 pm »

Glad I could help! I hear you on the clutter , I'm running my current Sims 2 game with 19.8 gigs of cc , that's 55,620 files and 4,348 folders ( love me some serious subfolderin'  Cheesy ) I have about an equal amount of Sims 2 cc that is different and I'm not using at this time stashed on my desktop as well. I took a break from Sims 2 for about 3 months to checkout Sims 3 and now that I'm back to playing 2 I really need to go snag a bunch of cool new cc that has come out in those 3 months as well  shocked , yes I'm addicted !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: