Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby born with Deer Antlers  (Read 8465 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »

How can I get a baby to be born with antlers from deer parents? The reason I'm asking is because I might make deer parents and I want the antlers to be inherited by the baby.

Prince Avalanche
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »

That would have to be either a hair or a default replacement outfit, or a non-default, if you don't mind changing the baby into it immediately after birth. If you want an outfit to be bathing-proof, it would have to be a skintone linked to a particular infant mesh (such as the Merfolk mesh), which would show up when the baby is naked (bathing/diaper changing). Lots of extra work involved, though.

As for hairs, I still haven't found a good way to make the babies inherit a hair. One alternative would be to use the genetic hair, or a default hair mesh. That way it would seem as if the baby got the antlers immediately. Other babies would also be born with antlers, however.

It can also be an accessory, but you'd have to stick it on the baby immediately after birth (since baby deers don't usually have big antlers, but rather some small pointy bits, that probably wouldn't be a big problem - imagine a baby being born with antlers... *shudders*).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:35:24 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »

Should I request that to see if there is any baby antlers out there? I do like to be very different.

Prince Avalanche
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:18 pm »

I've not seen any, and I do keep a close track on baby stuff...

If you have a link for the antlers you'd like, I can see what I can do about it. Wouldn't be too hard to make if there's already a mesh for it.

What would you like it to be? Hair, outfit, accessory? I do recommend either a hair or accessory, because outfits tend to cause troubles if you want to dress them up as something else. If you also want to use hairs, then an accessory would be the best option. Less recoloring to do, and much more versatile, since they can be used together with any clothes or hairs. They wouldn't be born with antlers, but it's just a matter of pausing the game and put them on. Plus, they're easier to change, and easier to find in the "change appearance" menu.  

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 06:29:41 pm »

I would like it to be a accessory please and here is the link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=453987
Thanks. Is this ok?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:35:55 pm by Prince Avalanche » Logged

Prince Avalanche
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 06:43:11 pm »

Alright Smiley
It might take a couple of days or so, but hopefully no more than that. Got a few projects anyway, so better to collect all of them in one day. My stationary computer can be a bit grumpy at times, and it's the only one with access to Milkshape.

I'll move this to requests, alright? It's more of a request than a help question.

My site:

Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 06:44:34 pm »

Sure and thanks. 

Prince Avalanche
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »

I'll try to family them together with the originals, so that you only have to assign them once. Might be the next best thing to being inherited Smiley

My site:

Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 07:05:10 pm »

That could work.

Prince Avalanche
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 06:10:31 pm »

Download here Smiley

Both colors are included, and they stay on while bathing the baby (because horns don't magically disappear). It's linked to Trapping's version, so they get horns when they turn into toddlers if you have hers in.

You'll need a mod that enables "change appearance" for infants (SimBlender, Insimenator, Sim Manipulator, or some such)

* Disclaimer: Does not enable infants to climb trees  tongue
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:24:00 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Prince Avalanche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 07:53:27 pm »

Thank you and that is such a cute picture.  Grin

Prince Avalanche
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 04:40:54 pm »

thank you Theraven for the Antlers...I made 2 Sims with Trapping's Antlers and posted them....also have a question...the Antlers were under glasses...does that mean the Antlers won't be inherited..I would have to go into change appearance and add them to each of the Sims right...or did I do something wrong when I downloaded them..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:12:58 pm by Theraven » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 06:14:07 pm »

They're accessories, so they're not inherited. They can be put on the baby immediately after birth by "change apearance"  (you need one of the mods above to do that), and after that they'll follow the sim until they're elders, if you have Trapping's original accessories.

My site:

broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »

ok...I had downloaded them a while back but could never find them...thought I had messed up but for some reason I went into glasses...I don't ever put glasses on my sims...I wear them and I hate them lol...Chester Gieke is the only one that has glasses lol...so am not sure why I went into glasses today and there they were...

what mod do you mean...I do have Trapping's original accessories....

Thank you again Theraven for your help...and the downloads Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 06:57:10 pm »

Like I said above,
You'll need a mod that enables "change appearance" for infants (SimBlender, Insimenator, Sim Manipulator, or some such)

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: