Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:14:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm at it again...  (Read 7221 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
broomhilda

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:27:48 am »

I know I had a post on here about downloading zip and rar but for the life of me can't find it...I know I swore I would never ever download things again for my Sims2 but I just can't help it...I know I am going to have to do another factory restore if I don't stop this...I have spent the last 3 days downloading beautiful creations like for the hair, makeup, eyes and skin but nothing is showing up in the Body Shop or in the game with CAS...don't understand what I am doing wrong...I downloaded the 7-zip and extracted the files but not sure what to do after that...I have folders made for these items and put them in the documents and also made these folders and put them in the Sims2 files...downloaded these to each of them as well thinking that if I have them in 3 different places something will work...I haven't even played my Sims2 in the last 3 days... Sad

I have read in several places on how to do these downloads but I know I am doing something wrong...

I would like for someone to help me with very simple steps on doing this...please...If I still can't get them to work I promise I will stop...and anyone can give me a computer kick in the butt lol if I ask again... Grin

Thanks in advance for any help I can get... tongue
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:19 am »

How to download: http://classic.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Fracking_Idiots

Getting CC to show up: http://classic.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU

Also make sure you have the CEP (or a lot of recolors won't show up properly): http://classic.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU11

Zip and rar files: http://classic.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Fracking_Idiots_5

* Make sure you put the files in this folder:
C:\.....Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 07:20:30 am »

Thanks Theraven for your help but I have already checked those out and I thought I had followed the instructions...this is why I came here for help because everything that those sites said to do I did and still nothing...believe me after 3 days of trying to do this myself I am at a loss...even that Fracking_Idiots is not doing anything for me lol...I'm sorry for being a pain on this stuff...

Do I create the download folder C:\.....Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Downloads.........because I tried to create one with all that is typed and it won't allow me to use the \ ....what I have is in Documents I have EA Games and when I click on that I have Sims2 Double Deluxe and Sims2 Store Edition but don't have a folder with C:\.....Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Downloads...I knew I was doing something wrong...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:45:50 am by broomhilda » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:55:18 am »

Did you try to start Bodyshop? That was one of the tips for creating a Downloads folder.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:57:07 am »

ya after I download something I check in the Body Shop and then go into the game and check in the CAS and see if anything worked...

well I downloaded some skins and they worked not sure what I did but they are in my Body Shop and in CAS...but the antlers, eyes, are not there...am going to try to get some hair and makeup and see if those work...just wish I can remember what I did right with the skins...

thanks everyone for all your help
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:24:49 am by broomhilda » Logged
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 02:32:52 am »

well I figured out part of them...been spending the day downloading hair, eyes, skin tones, and antlers got part of them not all....the antlers I still don't have them....but will figure it out sooner or later...tomorrow will go back and find out who made all of these and then I will make my first cc Sims...

opps forgot to say how I got some of them...had to do the extraction 2 times...once in my Sims2 Double Deluxe and then go back and extract them in the Sims2 Store Edition...is this how everyone else does it or is there an easier way...but I can't complain I do have CC in my games...happy dance Jump

thanks everyone that helped or tried to help me...
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 04:35:50 pm »

I finally figured it out...I think...I got most of my CC downloads but a lot of them are not showing up in either Body Shop or in game CAS...but I got enough for now to make a few new Sims...happy Dance. lol...I have a posting with pics...now have another question...the Antlers they were under glasses...so when they have kids the Antlers won't be inherited...did I do something wrong there...

I also downloaded the antlers that was for the toddler but I didn't look to see if it was there...
thanks everyone for all your help...

did to find the posting on the Antlers so I can thank the person..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: