Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:37:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debuging problems..please really need some help thank you  (Read 4199 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
broomhilda

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:22:14 am »

This is why I have problems with CC....finally learned how to do it now I am having problems with the either the game or my sims....ok..graduated a couple from college everything was fine...moved them into a house everything was fine...sent her off to town to buy clothes everything NOT fine...after clicking on the dresser it comes up with DEBUG-Outfit Data Test...can't get into the drawer to get any clothes...but this isn't the only problem...now neither one can leave the property to go to work...they can leave to go downtown but not to work...

thanks everyone that can help me out....

UPDATE: Well I am a loss for words...I figured I would get rid of all the clothes I downloaded right before this all happened and it did work for the debug-outfit data test on the dresser...but it didn't work for going to work...I just tried to send one of my sims to work in the helicopter and nothing wouldn't let him go so I tried sending him on foot wouldn't let him go but it would let him go downtown...now when I tried to sell the helicopter it said in use..

when this all first happened I moved this couple out of their house and bulldozed the house and move the new property and house somewhere else...figured it might be something in the house but nope...

as soon as I had moved these guys in a new house I sent her off downtown to get new clothes and that is when it all happened in both houses...this second house does not have any CC clothes in it...

this is going to really upset me if I have to do another factory restore because I can't get rid of all the downloads...but it isn't in all of the downloads just the recent ones which is the clothes...

this happened at around 5 am this morning my time and I had downloaded some clothes right before this happened....

thanks everyone that can help me out...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:04:31 pm by broomhilda » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »

It sounds like you either have one or more hack/mod conflicts, or hood-wide corruption going on.

The debug thing sounds like there's something very wrong with your game (unless you've modified your "userStartup" file recently). And if you happen to have the "debug hug" showing when you click on sims, there is definitely something wrong.

First of all, have you made sure the helicopter is actually accessible? There should be some space around the base, and stairs or an elevator if it is on a rooftop.

1.) Read (yes, READ) about content you download BEFORE you download it or put it in our game. CC is often EP/SP dependent, and attempting to put non-compatible CC in your game will very likely make troubles for you, depending on the content. Mods are particularly iffy when it comes to EPs, and they can also make troubles if they're not compatible with other mods you have. Clothes or other items might require meshes, or some game code from an EP, even if it can look rather harmless on the surface.

2.) Take out all your downloads and try to run the game. All good? Then it was something you downloaded. First you have to try to find the item causing the problem (click link). If you find it, remove it.    

3.) If it still won't run properly, start up another neighborhood and play around with a new family straight from CAS. All good? Then it's probably some corruption going on in the neighborhood you used first.

4.) If the new neighborhood has these troubles as well, there is probably something going on in the core files, and you probably have to reinstall.

Also, there is a help area on this site. Can you please put your help topic there from now on? I've moved this to the right place for you.

And finally, just a very big pet peeve of mine: A full stop is written "." - not "...." or ".." or "..." (Well, "..." is a thing, but it should be used sparingly, and not at the end of every single sentence, because the whole point of it disappears. Using them somewhat correctly also makes the text much easier to read).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:57:48 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:36:24 pm »

What I mean by factory restore is that sometimes I can't find the problem and by the time I delete everything I sometimes delete the wrong thing and mess up my game so have to do a factory restore because the downloaded games won't let me delete them...just the games that I have the disk for are the only ones so I have to do a factory restore...I won't go to MTS..they are well let me just say I refuse to ever ask for their help again..

this is what I said over at another site just coping and pasting over here

I had finally learned how to download the zip and rar files in the last week...everything was fine until around 5 am this morning my time that something went wrong not sure what..I went in and deleted all the clothes because those were the last things that I had downloaded mostly...after I got rid of the clothes I was able to get into the dresser but I still was not able to send my sim to work...I had him teleport from the room to outside of the fence by the edge of the property but he still wouldn't leave.. but he was still able to go downtown..

I do have all the patches..I have all EP's and SP's so I figured I was safe to download anything..guess not..

I am not a stupid person and don't like being treated like one...now am in tears can't hardly see the screen...

I can READ and I read everything before I download..I sometimes may not understand all that I read but I feel that if there had been any questions I would not have downloaded them...

I use boolprop testingcheatsenabled have been using that for the last 6 mo to a year...that is when I started learning the cheats and I use the moveobjects on to move the trash can to the back of the house..hate when the walkby knocks over the can..the mailbox stays in the same place I don't ever move that..

not sure what you mean by "default replacement clothing or mod"..they change into their work clothes

I had that happen to the kids as well until I realized that when the person who first moved into the house died nobody could get out of the house or the gates without me unlocking them and then relocking them

I use the ..........for train of thought...I have a hard time thinking and remembering what I am trying to say...If you must know I have PTSD..and short term memory loss..from being beat by my grandmother and raped by my grandfather...won't be coming back on here again....

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:30:55 pm »

Broomhilda, Theraven wasn't treating you like you were stupid. The first rule of giving tech help is to never assume the person you're helping knows anything about computers and go over everything, including things you may have already tried (especially if you haven't mentioned you tried it).

Default replacement: This is custom content that replaces something in your game. For example, if you don't like the default skin EA/Maxis uses, you can find one that acts as a default replacement and, once you instal it, it will replace the skintone for everyone in your game, PC and NPC alike. The catch is, you can have only ONE of each default replacement type in your game (one default replacement skin, one default replacement eye, etc). Having more than one will make your game pitch a fit and do nasty things.

Another valid point: removing all cc and running your game with none to make sure the problem is with cc and not in your game files. Yes, you deleted the clothing, which is a good start, but you still have cc in  your game, which means the culprit could still be there.

Mods: Having all EPs and SPs is good. It means you don't have to be paranoid about downloading something needing a mesh from an EP/SP you don't have; however, you do still have to be careful with mods. Mods affecting the same game behaviors can conflict and cause problems. They'll often manifest in the form of a glitch (sims no being able to go to work, for example) and sometimes they'll cause game crashes. What you're going through sounds like a mod conflict to me, so I would suggest you take out any game mods you have and run your game without them. Don't delete them, just click and drag them to your desktop or Documents folder. If your game runs OK, then you'll have to go through your mods to find out what the problem is. Divide and conquer. Split your mods in half and put one half in, run your game, and if it runs fine, take that half out and put the second half in. Whichever half causes trouble, you divide in half again and repeat the process until you find the two mods causing the conflict. When you do, it becomes a matter of figuring out which one you can live without.

Broomhilda, I hope you take my advice to heart. No one was calling you stupid. I really do think Theraven was just doing her best to be clear as possible. You might read everything carefully, but the majority of people don't and it gets them into trouble and we tend to emphasize the point when it comes to telling people to read the instructions...all of them, not just their favorite ones Wink  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:31:12 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:49:18 am »

Broomhilda, let me offer a couple of suggestions. They probably won't help with this particular issue but should make future issues a bit less disconcerting. You said you just recently started using CC so the tendency is to go on big downloading sprees. (I should know, I have more than 30,000 files in my Downloads folder.)

First, keep your downloads separate from your original game files. When deleting things (either for cleanup or for debugging), you should rarely ever be in a folder where you "delete the wrong thing and mess up my game".

Second, since you have all EPs, you can use subfolders within your Downloads folder. Using subfolders, for me, is critical to having a stable game. Whenever I go on a downloading spree, or whenever I download new CC for that matter, I put all of the new files into a subfolder called "NewStuff". Then I play my game. If I encounter problems, then I pretty well know that something in the NewStuff folder is the culprit and I can "divide and conquer" as caffeinated.joy mentioned. I will play multiple sessions before I feel comfortable enough to move my "NewStuff" into their appropriate subfolders such as GameObjects, Clothing (categorized by Gender and Body Shape), Makeup, etc.

As your CC grows, try to keep your "known good" CC separate from the "NewStuff" or unknown items. It will save you lots of time and anguish in debugging when those inevitable CC conflicts do occur.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 03:24:19 pm »

I can only hope that Broomhilda is still looking at this thread rather than never coming to the site again.

The problems you are describing are not related to CC, that is, clothing, unmodded objects or recolors, but to mods that change the behavior of the game.  In fact the problem you are describing with not being able to go to work is a symptom of the wrong version of Inteen, although it could be another mod.  As Joy mentioned, mods are very much dependent on EPs, so much so that mods that are out of day may cause continuous errors.  Since you are playing with testingcheatsenabled, are you getting popups about errors?  Those shouldn't solely be ignored, canceled or deleted, but someone should look at the error log file it mentions and determine what mod is causing the error.  That someone can be here or on Simbology.  Both have knowledgeable users who are willing to help solve your problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: