Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:26:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I Need Help  (Read 2729 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
thesexyhunter

The Sexy Hunter

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:02 pm »

I Don't Know If I Posting This In The Right Spot But Here Is What I Need Help With I Am Having An Issue With Custom Sims And Lots In My Game I Install Them With Clean Installer Which Is Up To Date But When I Load Up My Game They Don't Show Up Could Someone Please Help huh

The Sexy Hunter<br />
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:55:15 pm »

I Don't Know If I Posting This In The Right Spot But Here Is What I Need Help With I Am Having An Issue With Custom Sims And Lots In My Game I Install Them With Clean Installer Which Is Up To Date But When I Load Up My Game They Don't Show Up Could Someone Please Help huh

It's really rather difficult to read your post for a couple of reasons. When posting, can you please refrain from capitalizing every word you type and only use them at the beginning of sentences, for proper nouns and the nominative "I"? Also, can you please make an effort at proper punctuation? At least put periods at the end of your sentences. As it is, with your question being one long run on sentence and reading like the title of a book because the beginning of every word is a capital, it's not easy to read, and, as such, hard for people to give the help you need.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:35:23 pm »

I'll try to give you some possible causes for your troubles. Also , to add to what Joy said , more info from you would help. Think overkill is a good thing in terms of info. What system do you play on? I've read of many people playing on Windows 7 that get a duplicate EA games folder created. I play on 7 ( and Vista) but don't have that problem. The people that do have that issue frequently end up with similar trouble to you , in that items don't show up in game , because they were put in the folder/path that wasn't being read.

In 7/Vista , I put lots in the Teleport folder and also use Clean Installer. I direct all the cc from those lots to my dl folder, where it arrives loose. I don't ever have anything loose in my dl folder otherwise , it's all sub foldered. Then I take that cc and put it in a subfolder called ( for example ) 212 Prospect Court by Mocha. Then I put that sub folder in a sub folder called stuff from lots , so everything remains organized and I know where it came from and where it's at. Once I've used CI to install a lot , I get two files in my Teleport folder. Those are created upon the installation of the lot. Once I've started my game , and quit , if I return to the teleport folder those two files are gone. If one ( or both) are still there , that means the lot didn't install correctly.  Basically I follow the same format for installing sims as well , other than those go in my SavedSims folder in the Sims 2 folder. Installing sims doesn't create additional files as installing lots does.

Any other info you can give might help , and certainly won't hurt, any other suggestions/guesses/help ideas I might have. Even stating what to you might be obvious ( you're looking for your sims to appear where they should, the CAS premade sim bin for example) can be useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: