Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:25:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Game freezing at17:59 PM (5:59 PM)  (Read 10806 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »

I have one particular house (family) it seems that will freeze frequently at 17:59 PM.  This would be when it gets dark outside and the inside lights come on.   Guess I have an overloaded electrical circuit in the house .....   anyone have any suggestions for preventing this or getting out of it when it happens.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:51:24 am »

With only one lot freezing like this, a global mod can be ruled out, but not object mods.  I would think it doesn't have anything to do with bodyshop type items or objects and recolors as those don't have anything to do with modifying the game beyond making eye candy.  The time of the freeze, leads me to believe that it could have something to do with aging, as 6 pm is the time playable sims age.

Take a look at the lot to see if you have any objects that allow you to alter aging.  If you don't find anything, or if removing what you do find doesn't fix the problem, use Pescado's Batbox for force errors on the entire lot.  This will make "invisible" objects appear again do you can delete any aging object that may have disappeared unexpectedly.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »

Thanks AncientHighway, thought you were on to something but now I'm not sure.  I'm playing Pleasantville and I had installed an aging clock in the Pleasants household.  Normally don't use it and this was the first time in several years.  I was assuming the clock was only good for that household.  Playing another household is when I had the freezing, always at 17:59 PM.  Had it saved about 2 minutes before that and each time no matter what I tried to change it would freeze.  Now I have another problem...thought if I could get most or all of the family out of the lot and then somehow get one of them back in I could see if it is one of the Sims causing the problem.  Tried to get them on vacation in Twikki Island, where they already owned a vacation house.  In order to be able to make the call and arrangements for the vacation, I set the time controller on 0, so time did not pass while I made the call.  That worked and a limo picked up the family.  Apparently flew to Twikki and another limo from there to the Chateau.  But they never arrived.  Wondering if the clock set to Zero has something to do with it.  Currenly 'Summoned' one of the members back and have them in a separate house...can summon all of them back but can't get them back in their original house. Keeps saying I have to wait for them to come back home. (Good security system).  Trying anything but so far no luck.  It's not a disaster I have lots of Neighborhoods and lots of playable Sims, about 225 in Pleasantview and sub hoods alone.  Any more suggestions ??
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:57:04 am »

Have you patched your game?  The problem you describe with going on vacations was identified after BV was released, and I don't remember I don't remember if the patch fixed it or not.  I tend to not send my sims on vacations because of the way I play.  They can't afford it. 

I think about all you can do is summon your sims home, but give up on the original lot.  Maybe changing the lot type from residential to community, then back again will make it playable, but I've never tried that.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:36 pm »

Originally I did have my game patched and did have some successful vacations, however, I have done a complete reinstall and probably didn't do a patch and now I don't know where to get a patch.  I have everything thru Mansions and Garden Stuff except Pets.  Where can I get a patch ?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:51 pm »

http://simsvip.com/sims-games/patches/
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:31:15 pm »

Thanks, I downloaded and patched the game for Apartment Life (using Mansion and Garden Stuff as last expansion) but still haven't solved the problem.   Five (4) Sims were living in a house owned by one of the females.  She now also owns another house.  Created a new Sim and had him buy a vacation property across the street from the one my 5 Sims were supposed to have gone.  Same thing.  Booked a vacation, taxi picked him up and flew to Twikki Island, loaded the island then loaded the vacation resort....but that was it.  No sign of my Sim and could go into the resort but couldn't do anything while there, except add or delete objects but had no Sim to control and no control.  When I go back to Pleasantview the Sims house has a dark green gizmo above the house and can't play it.  He, is however, with a girl friend across the street.  Can summon all of the affected Sims back and play them but when I leave the lot, they are gone again.  Left a girl in one of the houses and the last Sim always ends up there when I come back.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

Question about patches.   If I have everything but Pets installed, do I just need the latest EP patch or all of them.  Sure I didn't patch anything when I did my latest re install.  Running program with Mansion and Garden Stuff.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

You'll need all the patches except Pets.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20:33 pm »

OH...  I thought a new and later expansion of stuff pack, patched the previous installation.  OK....thanks.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 10:10:03 am »

You'd think so, but no, it doesn't, unfortunately.

SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

This one lot still freezing at 17:59 .... I have played with the Time Controller set at zero and all is well, time doesn't pass.  Also, let clock run at 15% and then at 17:57 I entered the Cheat, setHour 18 and it worked great, starting at 18:01.  Don't have any CC on this lot I don't have on other lots and have played this particular house many times Huh?   Someone mentioned Sims aging at 17:59 but I have aging turned off and none of my Sims are close to aging.

Wondering if it has anything to do with vacationing.  Will start another thread on Vacations.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 10:58:19 am »

Trying running your game without cc. Move your Downloads folder to the desktop (don't delete it) and try running your game. If everything works, then you have a bad piece of cc, or, as my guess would be, a mod conflict, and you'll have to divide and conquer to find it.

ETA: Having no cc in use on the lot in question won't bypass a mod conflict. Having two conflicting mods will cause problems whether or not any cc is in use on a certain lot.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:27:56 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 01:50:13 pm »

Time controller could very well be your problem, especially if it hasn't been updated for the AL/MG.  I've got an AL update for Monique's aging mod on Simbology if you need that.  Well I think it's there.  Users got together and posted my mods there when my site died and I left the game.  Most time and aging mods were developed before the introduction of apartments as a residential lot.  AL changed some of the internals for detecting lot type, which may have broken your Time Controller mod. 

If you want selected sims not to age, the aging mod my be your better option.  If you want no sims to age, just entering the cheat Aging Off will stop all autonomous aging.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 11:42:05 pm »

Don't think I want to use aging off because it would pause pregnancies.  I use the country side picture to do much of my cheating and can add or subtract days of a Sims life and use the hour glass thing to change from a teen to an adult or vice versa.  May try to remove my Downloads folder and see what happens.   Thanks for all the suggestions.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: