Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:55:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim swimming everywhere  (Read 3881 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »

This actually relates to my previous posts on vacation problems and game freezing.  To solve these problems I am Summoning the Sims to another property and killing them, then resurrecting where I want them.  Was working Ok until I tried to drown a Sim and the Sim that was supposed to be killing the Sims got in the swimming pool with the subject Sim.  Had to get her out because I removed the ladders.  Used moveObjects on to get her out but now she swims all over the house and lot, gets out of the ground to sit on a couch or go to bed, but as soon as she stands up, zoom, down into the ground she goes and swimming all over.   Thought maybe killing and resurrecting her would solve the problem but can't get any one with the guts to shoot her.   More fun and games.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:04:03 pm »

You know that old saying.  What comes around, goes around.

Go into debug mode and try forcing an error on the swimmers.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:23:09 pm »

Using moveobjects on a sim that swims in a pool will make them swim everywhere you don't want them. Also tends to spawn the water ripple effect around their shoulders. Solution: Don't touch them while in the water. Get them up of there instead and then move them around.

Forcing an error should work, but doesn't always help against the ripple effect.

Also, sims are perfectly able to die on their own in a pool. They actually do it better that way. The fastest way is to enable the testingcheats code and drag their needs down while they're in the pool. An even faster way is to drag down the hunger while they're on land.

And if you kill them on another lot than their home lot, you might get into troubles because of the gravestones happening everywhere you probably don't want them.

For fixing stuck sims, I'd summon them to a lot in the home neighborhood with another sim living there, add them to the family with a mod (insim/simblender/similar) - not just summon them and make them selectable (because that won't make them an actual part of the family), and then bulldoze the vacation lot causing the troubles. After that you can move them wherever you want, such as back to their original home lot (or give them a new home lot - less chance for a bugged house).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 11:01:46 pm »

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I solved the problem by taking down their needs while swimming around and she actually drowned in the bathroom floor.  Then resurrected and all is well.  Now I have another problem I've never had.  Had one more Sim of a family to kill and then resurrect but every time the grim reapper motions for the rays to come down the game freezes.  Have tried to drown the Sim, use the flamingo that you kick, starve to death (actually took all need to the red, including Aspiration, and kept dropping energy) and get someone to use the disintegrator gun and all have failed....very strong constitution !!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:50:45 am »

Sounds like there's a lot of weird things going on in your game. Do you have such things happen in other neighborhoods, or just this one? If it's just this one, then the hood itself might be heading towarrd corruption.

You should probably also try to use ingame ways of getting rid of the sims, instead of leaning on a lot of modded objects. It sounds to me like you might also have some mod conflicts, so trying to play around without CC and see if weird stuff still happens is probably a good idea.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: