Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:47:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Warcraft Druid Nordrassil Armor  (Read 5635 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
saathei

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »

Next in my World of Warcraft armor sets: The Nordrassil armor for druids! This armor was introduced in January 2007 with the Burning Crusade expansion. This blue recolor was added in June 2007, and was later reused in 2010's Cataclysm expansion as the default uniform for all druids on the high-level zone of Mount Hyjal.

This outfit is for males and females; females have fat and pregnant morphs as well. Please note: These meshes use BlooM's SexyFeet, and so are VERY high poly - like over 8K. As exciting as it might be to have a coven of druids, you may want to rethink it unless your computer can handle it. >.> Also, there's a known issue with the crown that I cannot for the life of me figure out - it seems semi-transparent as you turn it around. If you know how to fix it, please let me know; otherwise, it shouldn't be much of an issue, unless you spend a lot of time with the camera zoomed in and spinning around your Sim's head.

Credits and Technical Info
Male mesh was created by combining the SBB mesh by Marvine (downloaded from The Dark Project as the knight) and the wizard robe from the Dark Project. Female mesh was created from the AF Long Dress mesh found in the Adult Female Default Meshes w/Pregnant Morphs (v1.1) by themysticalone. My meshes, however, are new meshes that include the shoulder armor.

Shoulders for both meshes and hood were extracted from WoWModelViewer and imported into the Sims as is. The shoulders are attached to the clavicle bone, so they should move will with most animations, but you'll see some clipping when your Sim raises his/her hands up in the air. I felt the restricted movement was overall more realistic than what you see in WoW (where the shoulder armor will turn upside down and stick out of your character's armpit when their hands are in the air).

Textures were also extracted from WoWModelViewer and were hand-tortured onto the models by me. I apologize if anything looks a bit off. I also apologize if they look pixelated or messy at all - I tried to clean them the best I could, but the truth of the matter is that Blizz uses teeny textures (ie, 64x128 pixels) to cover massive sections of the body, so stretching them out to Sims-size is going to mess with them. Sad

World of Warcraft® is ©2004 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. World of Warcraft, Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. I do not represent Blizzard or have explicit permission to use their meshes and textures, but I'm banking on the idea that this is fan art being used in a game that's even older than theirs so they won't come after me. tongue That said, obviously you should not upload to pay sites, because that would definitely be in violation of copyright.

Admin note: Just doing a little bbcode herding for you. You had a couple of escapees...sneaky buggers. Wink

* Nordrassil.jpg (214.58 KB, 557x557 - viewed 9597 times.)
* saathei-nordrassil.zip (1901.43 KB - downloaded 531 times.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:30:38 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:23 pm »

Really neat stuff you're creating!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: