Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:43:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grim Reapper Freezing  (Read 2868 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:27:36 pm »

In my efforts to kill then resurrect my Sims to solve problems, I now have one I can't seem to kill.  She has been dead several times but when the Grim Reapper motions for the rays to come down and get her, the game freezes.   Didn't have that problem until I got to this Sim.  Is it the Sim or the number of deaths in a period of time or what.  Has happened on three different lots, death by drowning, by starvation and by the ray gun.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:15:54 pm »

Considering al your problems, it sounds like your game has troubles with transitions. Aging, vacation lots, sims dying, and whatever else. Mods tend to conflict with these, particularly if you're using outdated mods or conflicting mods.

Running your game without CC in a clean neighborhood is the smartest thing you can do if you want to figure out what's wrong with your game. We can't help you more until you've tested this, and it really is the first thing you should do when your game behaves strange.

It's important to check whether the problems persists in a new neighborhood with a new family of sims you've never used, and with no CC in - because if it still happens, you have some problems in the install files, perhaps a changed Objects file. That can happen if you do things you should not do to untouchable NPCs, such as the Grim Reaper or Mrs Crumplebottom, and will sooner or later cause worse corruption. Better check now rather than later.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:44:47 pm »

Should have gotten back to you sooner but my problem is solved.  Don't remember what it was but for some reason I couldn't kill the Sim I was trying to get rid of.  Other sims ok but not this one.  I was able to later but like I said, don't remember the circumstances the prevented me from getting rid of him.  Game was OK though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: