Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:46:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Warcraft Warrior Destroyer Armor  (Read 11014 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
saathei

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:08:37 pm »

Another World of Warcraft armor set!

The Destroyer Battlegear is an armor set for warriors. Like the Nordrassil armor, it was introduced in January 2007 in the Burning Crusade expansion. A green recolor can be seen on melee fighters in the Firelands, part of the 2010 Cataclysm expansion.

This armor is for males and females, but neither mesh includes additional morphs (because seriously, it's plate, you guys, who's going to reforge it when they put on a couple pounds?). Neither the armor nor helm is alpha enabled.

Credits and Technical Info
Male Mesh is the SBB mesh by Marvine (downloaded from The Dark Project as the knight). Female mesh is the BBG mesh by marvine. Both have had some smoothing (to avoid sternums cracked by boob plate and a full metal wedgie), remapping, and shoulders added, so they are new meshes.

Shoulders for both meshes and hood were extracted from WoWModelViewer and imported into the Sims as is. The shoulders are attached to the clavicle bone, so they should move will with most animations, but you'll see some clipping when your Sim raises his/her hands up in the air. I felt the restricted movement was overall more realistic than what you see in WoW (where the shoulder armor will turn upside down and stick out of your character's armpit when their hands are in the air).

Textures were also extracted from WoWModelViewer and were hand-tortured onto the models by me. I apologize if anything looks a bit off. I also apologize if they look pixelated or messy at all - I tried to clean them the best I could, but the truth of the matter is that Blizz uses teeny textures (ie, 64x128 pixels) to cover massive sections of the body, so stretching them out to Sims-size is going to mess with them. Sad

World of Warcraft® is ©2004 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. World of Warcraft, Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. I do not represent Blizzard or have explicit permission to use their meshes and textures, but I'm banking on the idea that this is fan art being used in a game that's even older than theirs so they won't come after me. tongue That said, obviously you should not upload to pay sites, because that would definitely be in violation of copyright.

* Destroyer.jpg (451.27 KB, 577x758 - viewed 77106 times.)
* saathei-destroyer.zip (1339.76 KB - downloaded 988 times.)

Ktara

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:45:12 pm »

Glad you made this mesh. I've been a fan of WOW since it first came out and even played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans on my ms-dos computer in 1997.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: