Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:31:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invisible dying toddler? *Solved! Thank you!*  (Read 3786 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »

I had his mother feed him in the high chair, and then he went invisible. His dad set him down. I couldn't click on the toddler (I could click his picture though) but none of the other family members could interact with him. Finally, he passed out and the Grim Reaper came?  huh I'm confused because I didn't know toddlers could die, and I don't have a mod for it. This is what he looked like when Grim showed up.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:54:47 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:29:24 pm »

I have had toddlers or teens invisible because of their clothes, made them naked and could see them or change their clothes.  Never had a baby or toddler die like that.  Did they die of hunger ??
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:14:25 am »

I have had toddlers or teens invisible because of their clothes, made them naked and could see them or change their clothes.  Never had a baby or toddler die like that.  Did they die of hunger ??

Surprisingly, his energy just bottomed out and he died. He had been fed prior to disappearing. I resurrected him, and he's doing fine. Maybe it was just a one time glitch? He hasn't done it again.

zombie
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

If you don't have it already, get the Pescado's Lot Debugger from MATY.

Any time you have a sim or object turn invisible, you can Force Error using the Lot Debugger to make invisibles visible again.  It will reset the lot, making those as school or work pop in by the mailbox and possibly get dinged for not going to school or work, so use it when most are home.  6 am is best.

The safeguard for preventing infant and toddler death, and even children in the case of neglect, is the Social Worker.  If the little one's needs reach a critical level, the Social Worker shows up and takes the child.  If you have a mod that prevents the SW from appearing, death may occur.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »

If you don't have it already, get the Pescado's Lot Debugger from MATY.

Any time you have a sim or object turn invisible, you can Force Error using the Lot Debugger to make invisibles visible again.  It will reset the lot, making those as school or work pop in by the mailbox and possibly get dinged for not going to school or work, so use it when most are home.  6 am is best.

The safeguard for preventing infant and toddler death, and even children in the case of neglect, is the Social Worker.  If the little one's needs reach a critical level, the Social Worker shows up and takes the child.  If you have a mod that prevents the SW from appearing, death may occur.

I don't have a mod for that, but I think since no motive was critical but energy she didn't come.  huh Thanks very much for letting me know about the lot debugger. I'll go get it. (I'm sure my Sims and their kids thank you too, haha.)

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: