Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:40:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 - Custom Animations aren't playing properly.  (Read 6502 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
joewinko

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:09:58 pm »

I'm basically having problems with the custom animations I created with milkshape and sims 3. They're working but they aren't exactly working right.

I followed this tutorial on youtube on how to make custom animations with the sims 3 (its a tutorial involving milkshape):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5G80OTK6lM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWxC_qOFWM

I followed all the steps and the revised steps from the second tutorial vid, and the animations were able to play in the sims 3 but they didnt play correctly. For example, this animation:

This is how it played in milkshape and how i wanted it to play in the sims 3 (notice how high the right arm swings up):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SO37ttf46g

but when i imported it in the sims 3 and tried playing it, this is how it turned out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8UG0v4KjDM

The probelm is that the arm isn't swinging up high enough like it did in milkshape. Is there anyway to fix it so it plays exactly like it did in milkshape? What is causing this problem?

Please help?
joewinko

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:15:40 am »

can someone help me fix this?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:37 am »

Might be the same problem I've had with the TS2 skeletons. Some of the joints can be moved just fine in Milkshape, but the movement in those particlar joints don't translate to ingame. The collarbone joint is one of those for the TS2 skeleton.

Avoiding those joints is the only solution I've found.

It might also be that you've not set the keys properly. If you move joints after setting the key, you have to set the key again before it works, or the animation resets.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
joewinko

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 12:36:33 am »

Might be the same problem I've had with the TS2 skeletons. Some of the joints can be moved just fine in Milkshape, but the movement in those particlar joints don't translate to ingame. The collarbone joint is one of those for the TS2 skeleton.

Avoiding those joints is the only solution I've found.

It might also be that you've not set the keys properly. If you move joints after setting the key, you have to set the key again before it works, or the animation resets.

you're probably right :/ there may be another way to bypass it though by hacking the game files so the joints can move in the game. not sure how to do that though.
joewinko

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 12:13:06 pm »

sorry to bring this forum back but im having a different problem with the animation im trying to make. I was trying to get the sim's body to turn but instead he falls over:
it's hard to explain so i recorded what happens on video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEo0C3YuyY

can someone please help me with this?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 12:53:00 pm »

I'm not familiar with joint names in TS3, but it looks like you might have done something to one of the root joints. I know similar things happens in TS2 if you rotate a joint that is supposed to only be moved, or move a joint that is supposed to be only rotated. The "auskel" joint (the main root joint) should also not be moved or rotated. These kind of troubles doesn't always show in Milkshape, because Milkshape doesn't always translate the joints the same way they're translated ingame. It might be you've accidentally stared a sideways animation for the first key, and it continues downward.

Remember to always pick the root joints from the joint panel. If you mark them in the window, you're likely to pick up the wrong joint. Some of them are on top of each other.

Also make sure you've marked the entire skeleton when you set a key.

You should also check whether you have to change settings on the export screen. I know that has to be done for TS2 poses.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: