Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:45:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you add blood to default clothes and custom clothes and skin in the Sims  (Read 5920 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
joewinko

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:52:58 pm »

I'm making a horror movie with the sims 3 about Jason Voorheese but I dont know how to add blood to the clothes.
In the sims 2 it was really easy with bodyshop but it seems much more complicated with the sims 3.
I tried using TSRworkshop but i didnt get it because i couldnt really find any good tutorials.
All i know is that I have to edit DDS files.
I tried looking up tutorials myself but a lot are outdated.

Does anyone know any good tutorials on how to put blood on skin, or clothing in the sims 3?
Please help.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:30:55 pm »

You can use PNGs as well. Not sure about the result, though (I've never actually made something for TS3, but I extract textures a lot and sometimes have to edit them). You can add blood splatters to the Logo textures, and probably also to the Overlay texture.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
joewinko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »

You can use PNGs as well. Not sure about the result, though (I've never actually made something for TS3, but I extract textures a lot and sometimes have to edit them). You can add blood splatters to the Logo textures, and probably also to the Overlay texture.

is there anyway i can figure out how to extract the textures?
i have some custom clothing i want to add blood too, and some custom textures i want to add blood too with default meshes from the game, but im not sure how too do that.
And also, is there a way to add blood to skin?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:45:01 am »

To extract the whole texture in TSRW:
You hit the texture tab, and click the arrow on the tiny button that looks like a paper (to the right of the A). Choose "export", "diffuse" from the dropdown list, and OK. Save where you want it.

To extract individual pieces:
- Mark the texture you want to change, click the "edit" button that appears, click "export" in the right corner, choose DDS or PNG, and save it somewhere.
- To import a new texture, click "import" in the same window, and choose the texture you've changed.

Just remember that TS3 usually operates with a 1024x1024 size for clothes.

Also, I don't know how to make new clothes or new files, so there you have to find a tutorial. There are some at TSR, I think.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
joewinko

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:32:59 am »

To extract the whole texture in TSRW:
You hit the texture tab, and click the arrow on the tiny button that looks like a paper (to the right of the A). Choose "export", "diffuse" from the dropdown list, and OK. Save where you want it.

^i did that and I was able to edit it in photoshop but how do i import it? I click on "file">>"import" in the toolbar but nothing loaded up.

I figured out how to do it with default clothes. But how do I load up custom clothes and custom textures of default clothes in TSR workshop so I can add blood to them too?

for example, I wanted to recolor/add blood to this:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5409372

it's a custom texture but a default mesh. but there's also custom meshes i wanted to add blood too also
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:39:05 am by joewinko » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »

You choose "new import" when creating a new project, and open the file you want to change.

"new import" is for both CAS items and objects.

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: