Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:31:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get default custom hair to bodyshop?  (Read 5697 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2014, 06:33:37 am »

I really want to use the textures of the default custom hairs in the game, but I'm unsure of how to get them to show up in bodyshop, since the only custom hair that shows up there is CC. Thanks for any help! Smiley

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:45:12 am »

Maybe find the original hairs? That's also safer, recoloring-wise. If you decide you want to use a different default, you don't need to keep in the old one because you have recolors of it.
Many default creators tend to link to the original hair.

Hair defaults are often made as propertyset defaults instead of full defaults that fully replaces the original hair, and that's probably why they don't show up in Bodyshop.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:22:39 am »

Maybe find the original hairs? That's also safer, recoloring-wise. If you decide you want to use a different default, you don't need to keep in the old one because you have recolors of it.
Many default creators tend to link to the original hair.

Hair defaults are often made as propertyset defaults instead of full defaults that fully replaces the original hair, and that's probably why they don't show up in Bodyshop.
Thanks for responding, theraven!  Hug2 But I'm talking about the custom hairs made by Maxis. I don't use CC anymore, and the only CC I plan to use is what I make myself. I'm talking about, for example, the pink and purple bob under the custom section of hair in the mirror, or the blue hair that looks like a recolor of Dustin Broke's. I apologize for not being clear enough before.

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:13:55 am »

It's possible they're hidden from the sight of Bodyshop. There are some flags that makes them hidden in one place but not the other.

You can dig around in the texture files with SimPE and extract them directly from there. The mesh is already ingame, so you can make a recolor of those.

Are they basegame hairs, by the way? I can have a peek around and see if I can find them.

I've had a peek around, and I've so far found colored hairs in BG, Uni and NL. Can you look ingame and see if there are any EPs or SPs I'm missing?

I uploaded the textures here. There's one with transparency and one without for all of them. Most of the meshes should already show in Bodyshop.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:46:28 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:30:55 pm »

It's possible they're hidden from the sight of Bodyshop. There are some flags that makes them hidden in one place but not the other.

You can dig around in the texture files with SimPE and extract them directly from there. The mesh is already ingame, so you can make a recolor of those.

Are they basegame hairs, by the way? I can have a peek around and see if I can find them.

I've had a peek around, and I've so far found colored hairs in BG, Uni and NL. Can you look ingame and see if there are any EPs or SPs I'm missing?

I uploaded the textures here. There's one with transparency and one without for all of them. Most of the meses should already show in Bodyshop.

Thank you sooo much! Those are the only hairs I were after.  Rock  Hug2

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: