Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:32:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Kill a Sim  (Read 3901 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »

Have a family that went on vacation and never came back.  I can summon them and play or I can go to their house, rather a neighbor's house, click on their house and asks if I want to play it so I do.  Everything is normal until I want to play it again sometime and you can't get there the normal way of just clicking the house in Neighborhood view.  Trying to kill the Sims off then resurrecting and relocating and seems to work fine, EXCEPT, one particular female Sim can't be killed, rather she can be but the game freezes everytime I kill her, so have to start over.  Tried laser, drowning, doesn't seem to make much difference except more clean up when using the laser gun, assuming she would die. Have many hoods and lots of playable Sims and this is the only one I have had this problem with.  Had a previous post called 'Grim Reaper Freezing'.  Will remove my Downloads folder and try again to see if that helps.

OK, removed my entire downloads folder (9.5 GB), put it on desk top, then tried drowning the subject Sim. Very difficult because without my hacks couldn't artificially lower her energy or hunger, but  she finally died.  Grim Reapper came and when the rays came down, the game froze again.  Now what....why  just this one Sim Huh??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:42:52 am by Theraven » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:48:58 am »

Please don't double-post unless it's been over 24 hours since tour last posi.

Have you tried the cowplant? Grim won't show up then.

You can also try summoning the family on an empty lot and then move them in properly with a mod ("add to family tree" with the bonzai tree part if you use insim). You may not be able to use their old house or the vacation lot, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:38:58 am »

Is there something unique about this Sim? Was she born in-game, created by someone else, or originally an NPC or special game character?

By "When the rays came down" do you mean when the hula dancers appear onto the lot?

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:41:32 am »

No, when the Grim Reapper shows up and checks his records, makes a cell phone call then motions to the sky and light beams come down to take away the dead person.  Don't know anything about hula dancing, where does that come from ??  Also, what is the Cow Plant ?  As I remember the Sim was created in Body Shop.

Will see what I can do with the bonzai tree.

Not sure how to summon the family to an empty lot.  Do you mean lot or lot with vacant house ?  Also, if it is empty, who will do the summoning ?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:00:16 pm by Theraven » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:59:16 am »

Empty-ish lot (no house, so you can delete the lot later). You'll need one sim living there to summon other sims.

The bonzai tree/Family Tree (looks like the green tree in the blue pot in Plants) is a part of the Insimenator mod, if you use that one. Has to be summoned by clicking on the ground. There are probably other mods you can use as well.

Hula dancing usually happens for old sims. The Cowplant came with Uni, and is a career reward for the Natural Science career.  

And again, please don't double-post. Use the "modify" button if you need to add info.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: