Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:41:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal Genetics  (Read 4657 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
umekosilvershade

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2014, 07:34:43 am »

Okay so I'm very new to this so, if this topic doesn't go in here just move me to the right category!

But anyway

I'd love to see anthro genetics done like animal ears and tail given by birth and not by going into accessories and put them on.
Animal faces excist at last, just the ears and tail left.

Also footpaws would be awesome to see be made like footwear

So yeah that's my request question thingy.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:08:13 am »

Accessories can't be genetic. They can be towniefied (randomly assigned to townies), but that's about as close as you can get. Such parts can be genetic if they're part of a mesh linked to a skintone, but then they wouldn't be accessories. However, the work involved (making the mesh with all the different items on, remapping everything onto the skin map, texturing it, link the mesh to the skintone, and doing this for all ages) is a LOT of work, and you'd have to make one version for every skintone you plan to use. You'd also be limited to using the same bits and pieces with the skins, so you can't take off the tail or the ears.

Some people have made body meshes like this (there are some werewolf and mermaids, along with Synapticsims' various bodymeshes from X-man and the like), but there aren't that many. They also have to be bodymeshes, or top/bottom meshes, so if you want to dress them in anything else than the original option of clothing (usually naked if the mesh is meant to be used with fur) you'll have to make a new mesh.

The cloest you can get is to either make infant accessories (linked to the orignals) and put them onto the baby just after they're born, or alternatively do the same with all-age accessories for toddlers and up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:13:48 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
umekosilvershade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 11:04:19 am »

Alright thanks!

I was just curious as there are elf ears and doglike faces maybe the ears could be made into animal ears but if it's that much work Shocked
Then more options for the accessories would be lovely, like equine parts and such and bird parts and ect.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me ^^
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 12:04:30 pm »

The dog-like faces are usually face templates, and have nothing to do with genetics in that way. If one or both parent sims have the dog face, their kids will get a mashup of their faces, like for any face templates.

If you download face templates with pointy elf ears, and make sure both parents get pointy ears, then their offspring will inherit the pointy ears (not babies, but toddlers and up).

This only works for the face (ear shape, snout/nose shape, eye shape...) and not for things like tails or fins or accessory-type bits and pieces.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: