Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:55:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump bug - help!  (Read 6621 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
leanneg

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:42 pm »

I'm not great with technological jargon or anything so bare with me but I think I have a jump bug on my Sims 2 game? I notice it the most when my sim goes to make a phone call, they will either pick the phone up and put it straight back down and jump to their default position (standing straight, arms by sides) or talk for about 2 seconds, and again the phone will suddenly disappear and they will be in default position. The other time I have noticed it is where they are relaxing on the bed and in a flash they will be standing in default position. I have enabled the boolprop cheat to get the error message up. File is attached. If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful

* ObjectError_N001_t6143324.zip (21.22 KB - downloaded 186 times.)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:30:20 pm »

Jump bugs usually happen because of mod conflicts or bad CC.

Check if you have any hacks or mdos that affects phones, and if the phone you're trying to use is custom, make sure it's compatible with your EPs. Custom phones can also clash with hacks/mods.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
leanneg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:57:06 am »

The phones I have in the house are just normal ones, bought from the catalogue
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 09:38:44 am »

What about any other mods or hacks? Your jump bug is most likely to be caused mods affecting phones, true, but any mod technically, can cause it. Also, you don't necessarily have to be making use of a mod for it to be causing problems in your game. Here my suggestion. Take all mods out of your game and run it. If the jump bug is gone, then you know your problem is coming from one of your mods and it comes down to finding which one by the divide and conquer method. Split your mod files in half and test each half. The half causing the jump bug will have the problem file. Take this half and divide it again, repeating the process until you find the culprit.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
leanneg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:30 am »

I don't really understand the idea of mods or hacks? I'm so sorry. What kind of things would they be? And how would I split them in half?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:08:26 am »

A mod is any file made to change the way your game behaves. They're downloaded and installed like normal CC and perform specific actions, or a variety of actions, like altering memories, changing the way the game handles relationships, NPC behavior and so on.

If you have any mods in your game, pull them out and onto your desktop (the easiest place to find them). Make two folders and call them whatever you like (File 1 and File 2). Put half your mods in one file and half in the other. Take one file and put it in your Downloads folder, then run your game and perform the action causing the jump bug. If it doesn't happen, then the faulty file isn't there. Close your game, pull out the first half you tested your game with and put in the second one. Run your game and see if you get the jump bug. If you do, then you know the culprit is in the file you're testing. Close your game, pull out that file, divide it in half again, and repeat this process. Keep doing it until you find the bad file.

If you're not sure if you have any mods, but you do have custom content, then you'll have to do this process with your entire Downloads folder. One thing I would HIGHLY suggest is make subfolders in your Downloads file and have at least one called "Mods". If you use custom default replacements, then I would suggest another be called "Default Replacements".

In addition, I have a questions:

What EPs/SPs do you have and is your game patched? I ask because there was a jump bug problem fixed by a patch. What can happen in your game, especially if you use alot of cheats, is your sim's memories get too full and can lead to your "too many iterations" error. Using outdated mods causes this too. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:16:20 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
leanneg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 04:25:24 pm »

I have used the boolprop cheat a couple of times, also aging off/on and I used the kaching one once.

But I've never downloaded anything extra for it

I also haven't used any EPs or SPs. So surely it must be the cheats I've used?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:52:58 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 12:58:59 pm »

So to recap, you have the basegame only, probably unpatched, and no downloads at all?

The cheats rarely cause jump bugs on their own. The boolprop cheat will usually throw an error if a jump bug happens when it's on, which can actually be very helpful.

If you activate the boolprop cheat, and try to make the jump bug happen, you should get an error message. If you do, let us know what it says.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
leanneg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 08:21:21 am »

Yes that's correct. It did throw an error message up and I attached the file to my initial post.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 09:05:21 am »

Have you tried patching the game?
Patches can be found here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS2_Patches

My site:

SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »

How many people are living in the household ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: