Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 03:22:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum PC requirements have been released  (Read 7814 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:32:54 pm »

The minimum specs you need to run the game on your PC have been released, and they sure are minimal. From this post on the official site FAQ:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Looks like even a low-end gaming rig should be able to run TS4 with no difficulty.

ETA: fixed the link because apparently I'm an idiot who can't copy/paste links properly these days.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:40:16 pm by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Rosebud1773

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:14:51 am »

If you're running a chip set, like me, you will fail CanYouRunIt.com testing. I'm running the demo just as smooth as silk so I think EA may be full of it when they say a chip set won't handle it. CanYouRunIt is going by pre-released requirements posted by EA.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

The sims are like ants and I'm the mean little kid with the magnifying glass...muahahaha!
candesco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:18:11 pm »

If you're running a chip set, like me, you will fail CanYouRunIt.com testing. I'm running the demo just as smooth as silk so I think EA may be full of it when they say a chip set won't handle it. CanYouRunIt is going by pre-released requirements posted by EA.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Don't rely on can you run it. You can't trust it and it isn't accurate.
Better just test the demo yourself and also just look what kind of pc you have. If you ain't sure, then use hwinfo or speccy or aida64.
And then compare it. Also, keep in mind that with onboard chips they are less powerfull then a seperate card. And if it's a laptop, then keep in mind that everything is shared and it works different.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: