Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 10:57:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you most looking forward to in the new game?  (Read 14951 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:04:34 am »

OK, so I'm going to step in and get this party started in our shiny new section.

We've been shown a bit about how things will work in Sims 4, so, with this is mind, what are you looking forward to the most? For myself, I'm really looking forward to the level of customization you'll have with making sims. It's always been an annoyance of mine how, without cc, every sim in ever game had a generic look. TS3 improved upon it somewhat with the body sliders, but (with the exception of the breast sliders for female sims) those sliders applied to every part of the body and still resulted in a bit of generic look across your neighbourhood. (All men have the same shoulder to hip ratio, as do all women, for example) Who'd have thought? A neighbourhood of honestly diverse sims. I'm looking forward to playing around in CAS.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:12:40 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:31:03 pm »

The fact that it can play on low preforming systems.
I also love the customization. I thought it was great in TS3, but there are so many more options in TS4 and it's what I've been wanting forever.

Also, did you see the grim reaper? Super rad.

HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:59:36 pm »

While I'm definitely looking forward to the hopefully more varied creation of Sims, to me that is just the cover to the book. I'm more interested in what's inside. The look of the Sims might keep me interested for a while but what the gameplay is like is what will keep me playing.

TS3 gave us some variation in Sims reactions and tendencies with the personality traits so I'm hoping that with the first attempt at adding some emotions in TS4 that there will be even more variability in how the Sims react to what goes on in their lives. And I'm hoping that TS4 isn't quite as quest driven as TS3 ended up being in order to add all the moodlets to our Sims daily activities. I'd like it to feel more like I was directing their lives again rather than being led down specific paths.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing how the emotions in TS4 play out.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:20:07 am »

I'm just hoping the babies don't look like weird maggot/cocoon creatures!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:44:07 pm »

There is that, too. LOL.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:05 pm »

Is it right that there's not going to be CAST in TS4? We'll be going back to loads of copies of the same objects with different colours in our files. I just hope there'll still be some of the lovely talented folk around to make CC.
 I'm looking forward to the new CAS though, I might actually be able to make pretty sims this time around

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 04:27:01 pm »

I hope it's not true, I really like that feature in TS3.

mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »

Is it right that there's not going to be CAST in TS4? We'll be going back to loads of copies of the same objects with different colours in our files. I just hope there'll still be some of the lovely talented folk around to make CC.
 I'm looking forward to the new CAS though, I might actually be able to make pretty sims this time around

I totally agree with you, Foxbaby. I really want the game to be mod friendly, and I am so glad we are finally getting rid of those ridiculous dough-faced sims we got stuck with in Sims 3.  I think the art in general in Sims 2 was actually superior, even though it was lower tech, and not high res.  The game is about manipulating your worlds, and getting creative with working out the issues of keeping our simmies happy, or miserable as their story unfolds.  Flat planes of color, even if it was brighter was such a disappointment in 3.  I didn't buy the game.  I stayed with Sims 2.  I am really placing a lot of trust in the hype by pre-ordering Sims 4.

It is nice to meet you! 

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 02:40:16 am »

Unfortunately, from what I have seen in CAS demos, making pretty sims will be freaking hard.  There are a lot of limiters (seen as red if you stretch too far) and there are not as many subtle shaping tools, such as for eyes, and mouths.  I have a favorite sim from my Sims 2 game I want to re-create for Sims 4.  So far, he just isn't the same sexy hunk I have known and loved from my Sims 2 gaming.  I'm hoping I can find the right bases that will recreate his unique features.  There is at least one Sims 2 townie I want to create for my Sims 4 game as well.

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
sirlena

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 01:47:10 pm »

Looking forward to the different sims we can create and also looking forward to creating a lot of crazy stories. YAY
trash_

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 01:43:01 pm »

I haven't even got the game yet but I'm already looking forward to pets expansions cos I love pets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: