Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 03:42:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some things from previous games that you DON'T want in Sims 4?  (Read 13429 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:11:24 pm »

Everyone always talks about what they loved in old games and how excited they are for it to continue or how sad they are that it'll be gone.  But what about things we don't like?

For instance, I never liked the open world, story-progression part of Sims 3.  I micro-manage way too much and hated having to follow my Sims where ever they went, possibly meaning skipping back and forth over the entire town!  I'm happy to see there's a balance between open and sectioned in Sims 4 and can't wait to see how it plays.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:46:38 pm »

The open world aspect doesn't bother me, so much, but I hate the stupid glittery effects on all the high level lifetime rewards (Eye Candy and Immortal, for example). 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:03 am »

No glittery, shiny or sparkly effects where they don't belong. I don't want my houses to look like they've had a round of polish, and if i wanted sparkly/shiny vampires, I'd read Twilight...

I also want babies as a proper lifestage this time, or at least with more interactions than earlier. They've been hopelessly neglected up until now, with almost no clothes, almost no animations, webbed fingers, identical faces, (and creepiness in TS3), and in TS1 they were green blobs with 3 interactions, and that was that. Babies don't just eat, sleep, poop and cry (even if it feels so at times). I hope to see no toddler neglect as well. They deserve more than just a very limited wardrobe, and they should be cute from the start. The TS3 toddlers right out of the box were for the most part creepy, and cast with the same ugliness spell as the babies.

I also don't want lazy animations. I hated all the teleporting in TS3. Car doors, putting babies/toddlers in a stroller, and the zigzaggy driving. TS2 had much better animations, and I'm hoping to see more of a TS2 style to it (preferably even better than TS2).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:42:53 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:57:39 am »

I don't want questing for moodlets to dominate over my Sims long-term desires (or my desires for them).
I don't want all the time and effort I put into developing a family and its relationships to all go to waste when I decide to play a different family.

And of course....

I don't want a buggy out-of-the-box game.
I don't want hard to manage Custom Content.
I don't want to buy additional content from a "Store" or a "Gallery" between official EP/SP releases.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:24 pm »

I hope to see no toddler neglect as well. They deserve more than just a very limited wardrobe, and they should be cute from the start. The TS3 toddlers right out of the box were for the most part creepy, and cast with the same ugliness spell as the babies.

Kind of hard to neglect what's not there now  :/

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
pcgeekri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »

No darn Online Authentication, start the game, play.  Played totally without the internet.  Now back to playing/modding my Sims 2.  (Stopped by to look at Skintones again)  I never stopped playing Sims 2, never played Sims 3 and won't.  Sims 4 requires online Authentication, Origin can stick that one too.

Oh!  And is the game completely customizable?  What is this customizing tool mentioned months back?  Will it really allow us to customize the AI?  Will Bhavs be coming back?  Will the SimPE team return from their long rest (Oh please do!)?  Can animations be added into the game?  Will us gay guys be forced into a Sim hetero world?  Help!  TwoJeffs save us we must have gay breeders!

Laterz!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:00:48 pm by pcgeekri » Logged
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 02:28:20 am »

I see that you and I totally agree that Sims 3 was a waste of 8 years of EA production time.  I am really hoping that Sims 4 has the same vibe as Sims 2.  I want the art to be as textural, and rich without resorting to HD corneal blowout brightness.  The real world is atmospheric.  Sims 2 was atmospheric.  Sims 3 was generally flat planes of color to show depth.  I never played a single Sims 3 game either.  The sims themselves were just ugly. 

I have noticed in Sims 4 "Create-a-Sim" demos that the customization packages are not all that easy to navigate.  The click on a feature and drag elements are not as thorough as I would like.  I don't like the game telling me with a red color flash that I made a sims eyes too large or his jaw too broad.  The only person who should decide on the limits in Create a Sim is the player creating his or her simmies.

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
ILoveNewcrest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 07:46:44 am »

The Jealousy system is a total annoyance, a Sim's spouse gets mad over something as stupid as mine giving their lover a friendly hug! angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: