Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:45:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF Satyr "Outerwear"?  (Read 2512 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimmerLee

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2014, 06:50:24 pm »

Okay, with the recent announcement of EA's giveaway of the entire Sims 2 game...  I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game, and am painstakingly trying to reacquire all the little bits and bobs that made my Simming, back in the day, such an awesome experience.

I've located the Satyr stuff here..  the legs/textures/horns/ears..  but when loading up the Satyr in game, there is no Outerwear... 

Was this ever created?  If it was... could it possibly still be around?  With the time frame of these being made, I fear the answer to that is a big, whoppin' NO...  but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks to whomever can lend a hand.

(On the chance that it doesn't or never did exist... is there a Sims 2 program that would let you reset what I *do* have to be accessible for Outerwear?)

Thanks again...   huh
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »

You can set any outfit as outerwear by using SimPE (add 1000 to the "category" line in Property Set, so if it says something like 0x00000207, write 0x00001207 instead - look here if you need tips), or by using the Wardrobe Wrangler.  

If you don't want to use any of them, you can make a clone of the outfit in Bodyshop, and set the categories there. You'll have double clones of all the outfits, so make sure you delete the old set.

If the clothes are tops/bottoms, you have to use SimPE to set hem as outerwear (and yes, you can have tops/bottoms as other categories than everyday, as long as everyday is one of the categories). You can also change catgories for horns and such, if they're not showing up in Outerwear.

The WW is a lot easier to wrap your head around than SimPE if you're new to this, so if you don't want to learn a lot of new things, go for the WW. It's quite intuitive for working with clothes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:07:13 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SimmerLee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:21 am »

You can set any outfit as outerwear by using SimPE (add 1000 to the "category" line in Property Set, so if it says something like 0x0000257, write 0x0001257 instead - look here if you need tips), or by using the Wardrobe Wrangler

If you don't want to use any of them, you can make a clone of the outfit in Bodyshop, and set the categories there. You'll have double clones of all the outfits, so make sure you delete the old set.

If the clothes are tops/bottoms, you have to use SimPE to set hem as outerwear (and yes, you can have tops/bottoms as other categories than everyday). You can also change catgories for horns and such, if they're not showing up in Outerwear.

The WW is a lot easier to wrap your head around than SimPE if you're new to this, so if you don't want to learn a lot of new things, go for the WW. It's quite intuitive for working with clothes.

I'm "new" ... again...  I used SimPe a lot, back in the day...  but I'm finding that I am having to relearn almost everything...  lol

Thanks so much for the response!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: