Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:49:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Things I HATE about sims 4  (Read 36879 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
VeronicaHasEightKids

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:29:18 pm »

I hate that sims can only be 2 heights. You're either a child or an adult, however they label the categories as child, teen, young adult, adult, elderly....but the only one that is a different size is child!!! Teens are not short, neither are elderly, and they all have the same clothes and hairstyles to choose from Angry I hate this. You know what else I hate? I can still only have a family size with 8 people. I like to make my real-life family, and in real life, I have a husband, 7 kids, and 1 one on the way. I cannot make my family!!! Does Sims discriminate against large families??? I think so. Another thing I hate is that there are no cars!! Yes you read that correctly, in addition to losing toddlers, height variations and pools, we have lost cars as well. Like OMG WTF WHY!!!!!?Huh? So I just wasted $75 because I can't even be bothered with this crappy game. I guess game play is supposed to be great and building is easier, but they took away everything that made the game awesome. So, screw this, I am just going to replace my old sims 2 and see if I can find some of those awesome downloads I used to have.
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:36:15 am »

Hi Veronica:

I daresay I agree with you about house size and how many people can be invited to parties.  I hope the game developers plan to add cars (perhaps not, what with the "Travel" options...), pools and other missing things like toddlers.  However, I am not considering it a waste yet as Origin/EA may well have a lot of those items in development for expansion packs.

I am hoping code modders might be able to create a mod to make a sim's height variable.  It is possible that the cheat codes access command will become available. That way we can use those to modify height (stretch skeleton) like in Sims 2.  Toddlers might be added with S4's version of Nightlife, Seasons, etc.  I'm not bagging the game yet, but I still have my Sims 2 game on my computer.  I don't plan to ever eliminate it.  I spent too many years collecting CC to make it MY game MY way.  

I think EA has been forgetting that tendency among us players; we like to manipulate our sims and environments, yes?

I skipped Sims 3 because I did not like the art.  Sims 4 seems better, but Sims 2 in my opinion still shows the most artistry concerning rendering of faces and environments. I also think Sims 2 had much better "worlds" to play in at the outset.  My gripe is I dislike the limiters they put into Sims 4 CAS for facial features.  I want to create at least one race of "weird" sims in my game.  

Have you tried using "testingcheats on" yet?  It allows players to actually modify a sim in CAS as well as setting a sim's age, making happy, and stopping motive decay.  When toddler shows up, I might make my current family younger, and make one child a toddler.  I do wish we had all those boolProps like we had in Sims 2...

Anyway, happy simming!  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:57:11 am by mhahse57 » Logged

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
VeronicaHasEightKids

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:44:23 pm »

I went back and got all my old Sims 2 stuff back on my computer. Maybe I will like Sims 4 in a few years after they have enough expansion packs to make it worth playing, lol. I am happy because anyone who registered their Sims 2 game is able to get the Sims 2 ultimate collection for free Cheesy So now I have all the expansion packs I never had! WooT. My daughter and I both agree Sims 2 is better than either Sims 3 or 4, of which we have both and yet we are both still playing Sims 2, lol.
Niacin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 12:34:36 pm »

Sims 2 still makes me happy.  Grin

Here are some links:

'The Sims 4' Release Date Here, Players And Reviewers Disappointed With Gameplay
http://www.ibtimes.com/sims-4-release-date-here-players-reviewers-disappointed-gameplay-1677462

89 Features Missing from The Sims 4
http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

EA: "If The Sims 4 Isn't Successful, There Won't be a Sims 5"
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137296-Sims-5-Wont-be-Made-if-Sims-4-Isnt-Successful-Says-EA
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2fpfna/were_not_working_on_sims_5_were_not_thinking/

Just check the replys:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-4-Limited-Edition-Pc/product-reviews/B00EFRN2IQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:28:33 am »

Wow Niacin thanks for the links I'm definitely passing on this game.  Those amazon reviews were something else. 

I still have all my sims games installed and I'll be happy with those for a long time to come—no thanks to EA at all since they were nowhere to be found when I needed help getting my games to run, but rather massive thanks to the modders and members of all of the long time sims communities like this one. IMO they should just give the game back to the original designers and do TS2 reborn as it always should have been.  The sims created in TS2 look better that any sim in the new games and—and this is a big one for me, you can package them for sharing and game installation a lot easier.

As for them not doing a Sims 5? That's a plus if you ask me.  They should quit destroying the franchise now, just my humble opinion.

Sims by Dasi:

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 09:55:02 pm »

I never plan on installing/playing TS4. I saw trailers and videos when it was first announced, and was somewhat impressed at first, but not for long. I downloaded the CAS Demo, and uninstalled it after ten minutes. I’m too loyal to TS2. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy TS3 but the 2nd one is where my loyalties lie.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:00:18 pm by Mooncat » Logged

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 10:52:17 pm »

Hi, Niacin!

Wow, that is some excellent information.  And it concerns me.  It appears that I am not alone in considering Sims 2 the best overall EA Sims game.  One thing I always miss from the old, wonderful Sims 1 is that amazing "Passionate Kiss".  I am rather disappointed in the lack of good kisses in Sims 4. "Kiss" is actually good, but Passionate Kiss is not romantic at all.  It's a comic move.  LAME!  And Make Out is just multi-kisses not the cool, and oh so photo-friendly, mildly erotic Make Out in Sims 2.  Wrong website to post photos of scenes I could only post on InsimAdult as mhanse from that rather cutie-hottie animation.

If anyone has seen some awesome kiss in Sims 4, please let me know.  I will work hard to unlock that move--knowing the game after playing almost continuously for a month I see that a lot of stuff can be done as I level up in skills.  Unlocking achievements is actually a fun part of the game.  

As far as EA's concern about Sims 4 success:  EA should be looking at the CC showing up as modders start breaking the code.  EA should stop hiding cheats, and open up those codes.  What?  EA didn't like that we could have MP3s on our computers because of copyright infringement?  I am trying to figure out how to get Sims 2 music to play in Sims 4, but those files are not MP3s, and the Music folder is for MP3s.  That's part of what I hate about Sims 4, and EA's policies in general.  The Sims is a phenomena that has a fan base starving to play with the content, and personalize.  My Game My Way: that should be the battle cry of every simmer.  And EA needs to get a clue or there will be no Sims 5.  And that would be very, very sad.  Square Enix is up to what--Final Fantasy 15?  EA's Sims franchise should easily reach that number of releases.  Yes, FF is a standalone play-through game rather than open-world like The Sims, but let the great modders create without having to first hack open the code and create workarounds so we can have content that EA is afraid to openly endorse.  Like Adult themed gaming.  I find it pathetic that X-box has the extremely violent GTA, and Call of Duty, but EA is afraid to let us see blood, and OMG! other 18+ content.  Modders deserve a ton of credit for Sims 2's success.  I wonder if Sims 3 was less popular than Sims 2?  If so, why continue the downward trend?  Find out what players want and give it to us.  Stop trying to straddle some imposed morality bridge.

Added 9/21:

I read a hundred or so posts on the last link above and found out that indeed Sims 2 was the smash success of the franchise.  I did not buy Sims 3: neither did 10 million other Sims 2 fans.  Sims 2 basegame alone sold 20 million copies.  Sims 3 sold 10 million copies.  One poster stated the given that trend, EA is likely projecting about 7.5 million copies of the Sims 4 basegame to be purchased during the four-six year run.  I noted that early posts were almost all negative: Like players spent a day or two in the game expecting to start seamlessly from their Sims 3 experience.  I know from having played all three (although I did not purchase Sims 3, I played on a friend's computer occasionally.  I also noticed that the dough faces of the S3 basegame got fixed in EPs.  Colors and textures got richer.  The game was 32 bit, and made for the emerging laptop market.  Now we all have laptops with Windows 8 + and Sims 4  looks dumbed down.  Well, Sims 3 looked dumbed down to me, and 10 million other avid players who decided to simply continue their S2 experience.  I have purchased Sims 4 because I really missed playing the Sims.  What is awesome is I now have S2 Ultimate Edition, and Sims 4 on one machine.  I have a concern, because S2PE auto-loaded onto my S4 game, and all my packages in my Mods folder have the S2PE Logo even though I just downloaded S4PE.  I'm wondering if I will have some serious compatibility conflicts in the near future because of this...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:49:48 am by mhahse57 » Logged

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
AmyLuthien
Enchantress

Eh? What time is it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 07:10:17 pm »

Sims 2 still makes me happy.  Grin

Still makes me happy too!  But you knew that lol  Grin
trash_

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 01:39:05 pm »

I only have the CAS demo yet so I can only comment on the look of the sims. To me it seems sims 4 is a big improvement over sims 3 I actually never bought the sims 3 just because the sims were so ugly and the game was lacking some of the silly animations and charm from sims 2, but I do like the way the sims 4 looks and already got used to not having sliders, it's kind of cool even though I wasn't sure at the beginning, I also love the voice sliders and the walk animation options, now with the random button you can get really cool sims that look like real characters, I really like that. Rock
I also like the way the clothes are categorized and I like the separate clothing pieces. I didn't like the "create a style" in sims 3 so I'm happy they got rid of that.
I also like that you can make your sims fat and their skin details automatically match, I love having very fat sims so that's great.
I also like the way the genetics work in the CAS, It's very impressive and I can see how much fun will be after a few generations have passed in the game, these sims gene pool will still be evolving, just like in real life.

I can't talk about the new personality system cos I only have the CAS demo but it looks very promising, and the way the sims multitask now looks sweet too.

My main complaint at the moment are the hairstyles, they don't have alphas and loo kind of cartoony and blocky but not as bad as to turn me off the game. I'm really hoping better hair meshes can be added into the game though.

If the teens and elderly are the same size as adults then I don't like that, but again, maybe a future user mod will manage to make a height slider.

All in all I'm looking forward to playing the sims 4, for what I've seen it looks like it might be kind of like sims 2 but with better A.I and sims, so that's all I've been waiting for since sims 2.
candesco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 12:59:29 pm »

So far i haven't bought TS4, let alone play it. The biggest issue which holds me to buy it is the double DRM crap. Double yes. Next to origin it has the sony dadc drm. Read about it here: http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/2798-RYG-Evaluates-The-Sims-4-EA-Origin-and-Sony-DADC-DRM
You can also read then about EA's nice surprise of delivering securom with that free the sims 2 ultimate edition.
So even the sims got activation stuff, just like earlier with spore and simcity 2013. EA just don't get it and act like a stubborn mule. Probably they go for the third title of worst company in a row. I wouldn't be proud of it if i were them.
Next what holds me is that i read about stuff which was in previous games is now removed. No pools for example, no toddlers and also no cars? I guess those will be added with day one dlc's and you may pay for it. Seems like EA now all goes bonkers with the dlc stuff. They do the same now as what ubisoft does. So it seems another franchise that got killed by them, after simcity and command & conquer. And all have in common that they were originally developed by someone else, but got bought by EA.
I still got emails from EA that there are gifts for me waiting for the sims 4, because of my previous purchases. Yes, i have purchased some premium items in the ts3 store.
As for the previous games: i don't agree that the sims 3 is bad. Actually at a couple of points it is better then the sims 2. One of my complaints with ts2 is that it still feels a little bit static. The story progression in the sims 3 is a great improvement in my opinion. I also like it that you play in an open world. It all feels more dynamic. And you now can visit your neighbours all the time, which can't in ts2. I find the CAS overall in ts3 also better,as you can finetune a sim more and it is more divided. In ts2 a sim is actually cut in 2,which leaves you with less options to dress them. In ts3 you can mix and match more. And yes, in ts3 sims ain't the prettiest ones around or so, but can't say that they are in ts2. Have seen some real uglies in ts2, some sims with very wide mouths and spike hair.
Anyway, i like both ts2 and ts3. ts2 has more of those little things which are better and ts3 is better at other things, as mentioned earlier.  At this moment i have ts2 installed on my laptop and ts3 on my main computer.
Niacin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »

Sorry everyone can´t answer right now too busy. Here the latest news, EA is gracious they share some bones. I just wonder, how many people still trust them?

The Sims 4 Will Bring Back Ghosts And Swimming Pools (Free Of Charge)

http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-will-bring-back-ghosts-and-swimming-pools-f-1641172105?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 01:58:57 pm »

The Sims 4 Will Bring Back Ghosts And Swimming Pools & careers (Free Of Charge)

*hope you didn't mind the addition ^_^*

Translation: Sales are down and we want your $$$  Wink

It'll take way more then that for me.  You could start by removing your Secu-drama.

Sims by Dasi:

cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 11:50:10 am »

hi everybody  Rock
when I play with the sims4 it's like I'm going back in time about 10 years ( EAskintones looks plastified, no cars to buy, little worlds,...)
it's much heavy to play again with the sims3. I'm disapointed angry
A special thanks go  to all the people who makes custom contents for the sims4 to made better having fun with this sad game YAY
SIMale

Simlish linguist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 10:11:09 pm »

1. No basements.
2. No dimples in the cheeks, still.
3. Only 3 floors.
4. No dome or cone shaped roofs.
5. Cars.
6. Too few lots per hood.
7. Too small lots.
8. No way to get rid of all NPCs.
9. No curved walls.
10. No lockable doors.

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic
Ursine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:57 pm »

The pools are back and you can put them in the ground or in a building.  The updates seem to cause as many problems as they fix.  If we have the Sims4 on disc, then we should be able to play without having to add the updates.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: