Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:24:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error with taxis/carpools  (Read 5936 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Thing with wings

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »

Whenever I try to send a sim to work via carpool or have a sim "find own place" to move out I get a "Bad gosub tree number" error. I've tried removing all hacks and mods, and just removing ones that have to do with carpools and moving out, but nothing works. I tried using the HCDU but it says there are no conflicts (I think it isn't scanning the right folder- I have the ultimate collection) Is there anything I can do to fix this or at least discover what exactly is wrong?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:12:19 pm »

The HDCU ultimately finds mods affecting the same globals, and *may* conflict. It's good for finding possibilities, but the mods it finds aren't guaranteed to conflict. They simply have the possibility to conflict. Many times its right, but it can pull false positives. What it doesn't do is find bad files, corrupted meshes and the like.

Try deleting your groups cache and accessories cache files. If that doesn't work, pull out ALL downloads and try running your game without any CC. Also, if you have a driveway, check to make sure you don't have any fences up against it. It sounds weird, but this can make your game go "No! NOOOOOO...that's it, I'm outta here" whenever you try to take your sim off the lot.

One thing you could do to help is find your latest error log and upload it as an attachment.

EDIT: Should have read "aren't guaranteed to conflict" not "are guaranteed to conflict". Note to self: proofreading. Good to do.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:02:00 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Thing with wings

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

Thanks for the advice! I totally removed my downloads folder and all of the problems I was having stopped, so it's definitely a CC problem. I guess all I can do now is add everything back in pieces until I find the bad package?
On another note, I got a strange error message when I loaded my test lot in an empty neighborhood. It was a an error with an NPC called Apartment Nanny? I've never heard of it before and never had it give an error before...
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:00:22 am »

I had a single corrupted mesh messing with everything my sims wore, so I definitely feel your pain. The best way to do it is via the 50/50 method

Basically, the way it works is like so:

Divide your Downloads in half. Put each half in your game one at a time. Whichever half gives you problems, split in half again and repeat. Keep doing this until you've narrowed it down to the one giving you grief.

Hopefully that made sense.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:55 am »

...snipped...
 I tried using the HCDU but it says there are no conflicts (I think it isn't scanning the right folder- I have the ultimate collection) Is there anything I can do to fix this or at least discover what exactly is wrong?

Regarding HCDU and Sims2 Ultimate Collection... I found this out back in July of last year and while it is a pain, it does work. I don't know if HCDU has been updated since then to support UC's different game path.

per user Orilon in my blog over at BackAlleySims (an adult 18+ site) --  "If you want to use the HCDU with the Ultimate Collection you have to create a The Sims 2 folder inside the EA Games folder, then a Downloads folder in the Sims 2 folder. Move your mods into the created downloads folder, and the HCDU will be able to find your mods. It was never updated to read any other path than EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads. You can put your mods back after the HCDU generates its report."

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Thing with wings

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »

So after several days of splitting my downloads into tiny groups i can definitely say that i've identified the cause of my main moveout/carpool error! I'm not sure why, but the hospital mods from backalley sims (I think chris hatch made them- not sure) were  causing the issues. Now to go thru the unsorted ones and look for the cause of my other issues. Thanks for the advice!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: