Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:14:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re installing Sims2  (Read 3133 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:11 pm »

I recently swapped my home and work computers.  Tried to swap hard drives but had problems so have been swapping files instead.  Got a clean 1 TB drive and installed Sims 2 on it, everything except Pets.  This is my E drive.  But when I got thru I find that my other files including downloads, neighborhoods etc are on C drive.  Copied them over to E drive and erased everything regarding Sims on C drive.  But now when I try to run the game, it runs OK but creates a whole new directory on C drive.  Can't get it to recognize the files on E drive.  Looked in registry but can't find any reference to anything except the Expansion packs which are all OK on E drive.  What can I do ??  Please don't say reinstall !
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:43 pm »

While your program installs on any other drive you select,  the active game folder is usually on your main drive.  Nothing is wrong that is how it is supposed to be.

Deleting the game folder from drive C only results in the generation of a new folder on your next start up, as you have found out. That is what it is designed to do.  If it was not recognizing your program files, i.e. the files that run the game which you have installed on drive E, then it would not have generated your game folder in its proper place—the game folder located in your "My Documents" folder on your main drive which for you, according to what you have said, is drive C.

Basically you are asking for help because your game is running as it should Wink.

Sims by Dasi:

SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:27:53 pm »

I know it is designed to run that way but wanted to know if I could get it all on drive E.  Think the answer is yes.  When installing the various expansions, it would ask if it was OK to install x number of megs on drive C.   I should have said no and maybe it would have asked where then, but I let it install some on drive C for each expansion pack.  Not going to reinstall anymore thou.  Thanks for replying.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: