Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:55:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhood fails to load or crashes with NewLTWEnabledEP5  (Read 6429 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2017, 08:20:40 pm »

Like the subject says when I try to load a Neighborhood it either fails to load or the game crashes when it trues to load the Neighborhood when I have NewLTWEnabledEP5 installed.

Usually the game crashes after it ties to load the Neighborhood for a 3 minutes, if it does not crash it just fails to load, and this is after I made the game create new cache files.

I have NewLTWEnabledEP5 loading after my other MODs and I am running The Sims 2 Super Collection on my Mac, and so my last EP is BV.

Curiosity Killed the Cat, but Satisfaction Brought It Back.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 03:13:26 am »

Bon Voyage is EP6, so it could be the mod isn't compatible.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 04:26:31 pm »

I was wondering if the MOD is compatible with EP6, does anyone know one way or the other?

I was really happy that I found NewLTWEnabledEP5 and now I am disappointed.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:19:13 pm »

It should be compatible becuase I didn't update it again until EP7
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=92685
are you sure it's not a mod conflict?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »

I can't say that I am totally sure, I did have the NewLTW Mods in a folder and they loaded after the other MODs that I have. Also I removed any MODs that had anything to do with Life Time Wants.

This is where it crashes:
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   The Sims 2sub                    0x00fd82da cTSNHoodTerrain::DecideSurfaceCover() + 1138
1   The Sims 2sub                    0x00fd7b45 cTSNHoodTerrain::UpdateNormalsAndPaints() + 83
2   The Sims 2sub                    0x00fd8446 non-virtual thunk to cTSNHoodTerrain::UpdateNormalsAndPaints() + 20
3   The Sims 2sub                    0x008aa0ba cTSLoadNeighborhoodController::LoadNeighborhood() + 4264
4   The Sims 2sub                    0x008a8d78 cTSLoadNeighborhoodController::ContinueIn() + 20

In the process of trying to load the Neighborhood. I don't have a in-game crash log as I never got that far with loading.

lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 02:58:07 pm »

The same sort of crash started happening with out the NewLTWEnabledEP5 MOD set and so I did extensive testing and while I am unable to establish what caused the error {I was told by Aspyr Tech support that the error might be due to bad CC}, I am sure that NewLTWEnabledEP5 works with my Mac and the MODs that I had already had in use.

Is it possible that you could modify it somewhat? I noticed that with the Wealth Aspiration the Earn 100 000 Simoleans is no longer present in the set of LTW for Wealth once I had NewLTWEnabledEP5 instlled and working. I would love for the Earn 100 000 Simoleans to be present again.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 07:42:35 pm »

Did you try taking everything out but just the mod to test? Quickest way to find out if there's a conflict & it's other-mod/CC related.

Sims by Dasi:

lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 02:51:08 am »

Since I discovered I had a similar crash when the NewLTWEnabledEP5 was not loaded, and I did not have the crash with out any CC at all. I decided to test all of my CC including the Mods in NewLTWEnabledEP5. Result was that I now haveNewLTWEnabledEP5  in my regular game, but I wish it didn't remove the possibility of the LTW of Earning 100 000 Simoleans.

Squinge  since you noted that you fixed the Earn Lots of Money which was set at 200 000 in NewLTWEnabledEP7, does that mean that NewLTWEnabledEP5 has earn lots of money at 200 000?

Edit: Never Mind I have found that the LTW of Earning 100 000 Simoleans is in NewLTWEnabledEP5 and also it seems to work quite well, thanks very much Squinge!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:22:11 am by lordtyger » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: