Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:43:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: House crashes when opened  (Read 3254 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:14:33 pm »

I have had a number of my households crash when I go back to play them again.  About half way thru the loading the application crashes and have to restart the game.  Only thing I have been able to do is move the family out of the house and into another house then eventually bull doze the house.  Is there a way to find out what causes this or to save the house ? 
FYI I'm playing Mansions and Gardens and T&A have everything loaded except pets.  Also, have played these houses many times before and then the next time I go there it crashes.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:24:11 pm »

Try removing your Downloads folder and going into the house. If it still fails then the Lot is probably corrupt (assuming you haven't been changing system files or incorrectly using SimPE on things). If it doesn't fail, then you know that something in your Downloads folder is probably the cause. Exit without saving then use the well-known practice of splitting your Downloads over and over until you determine the culprit.

If the lot crash generates an error log, then you may be able to find someone (like Chris Hatch) who could be able to make sense of it.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:19:06 pm »

Thanks Ed.  Had been told that before but never did it.  This time I went thru the 10.3 Gigs of Downloads and found two 5K files, something like Default bodyshape for CPU, removed them and no problem.  Wish I hadn't bull dozed so many houses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: