Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:10:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any good four bedroom family houses?  (Read 4005 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ImTheNerd

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:49:59 pm »

So, in my near two years of playing Sims 2, I havent been able to find a good four bedroom house for a family.

I have four adults (two couples) and two kids so far. I built a house for them... but I have near to no talent whatsoever building. So in their current house it's three bedrooms, two baths and we're basically suffocating in walls. There is no room at all to free roam (dramatic) but lately it's been getting quite bad since we have a growing amount of kids.

If anybody could help me find a house to fit my household it would be greatly appreciated! xx  :kiss:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »

Moved to WCIF.

There are lots of various houses at MTS. Have you looked there?

There are also a lot of houses at Sunnisims with 3-4 large-ish bedrooms (or more, if you redecorate) - http://www.sunni.us/residential2.htm

Holly Ridge 6 has 4 bedrooms, 6-7 if you can manage without the den, dining room and/or extra living room.

My personal favorite is the 'Holly Ridge 4'. I've chunked in a family of six, where all the kids had their own bedrooms, with a little bit of space left over when I'd just moved some junk around. I also did a little wall shuffling to make it fit some special needs, recently making one of the bedrooms into a laundry room when the oldest moved out, and converted the nursery into a room for the next-to-oldest (which was overdue, since I've just pretended that was her room for a very long time. Technically, I just used a copy of the house, because several of the rooms needed some redecorating, and I didn't have the heart to get rid of the old outlay...). I've also managed to squeeze in a family with seven kids and a cat, although a few of them had to share (quite spaceous) bedrooms. It also works quite well as a story/picture set. A few awkward angles at times, but I've learned to work with that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:16:54 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ImTheNerd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 07:11:12 pm »

That is freaking amazing! Thank you so much, I would have never found the website by myself. xx Happy Simming
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:17:09 pm by Theraven » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 07:19:18 pm »

Glad I could help.

Just a little hint - use the "reply" button instead of the "quote" button, unless you want to address a specific part of the post. It makes less clutter in the topics (and less confusion - I in particular have a bad knack of editing my posts about a hundred times before I'm happy with them, and happened to be in the middle of that when you posted)  Wink.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:35:54 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ImTheNerd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 07:27:33 pm »

Sorry, I'm a noob to this website so I didn't see the reply button.... My bad! xx
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »

No worries Smiley. Just thought it might be nice to know, since you're new to the site. When you're new there are lots of buttons to press and even more places to put your posts, and it's easy to pick the 'wrong' one.

My site:

HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 10:19:24 pm »

My standard house configuration for playing is a one story (so I can see all my Sims all the time), 11 tile deep by 16 tile wide (somewhat boring) creation. It has four 4x4 corner bedrooms, two 3x4 bathrooms and an 11x8 central living area for kitchen, dining, and skilling. A mostly unfurnished version of it can be placed on a small, medium, or large lot and purchased for less than the 20,000 simoleans granted to all beginning Sims. This configuration can have 3 single beds or one double bed in any bedroom so it could sleep up to 12 Sims (and even more if you have bunk-beds custom content).

I have pictures and a discussion of it in my blog at BackAlleySims if you want to know more about it. (BAS contains adult content so I cannot provide a link to it. It is free but registration and age validation is required.)

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: