Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:11:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Activation  (Read 3564 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2015, 11:42:27 pm »

I recently decided to swap 2 hard drives from one computer to another and vice versa.  In so doing I screwed up and had to reinstall Windows 7 and Sims2 along with many other applications.  Got a message about activation so I tried but it wasn't accepted.  Probably because I have installed it too many times.  (Have two computers on Win7 and one on Vista at home).  Finally called Microsoft this evening and the 'expert' tells me that the Windows DVD or Cd is only to be used on one computer.  He wants $79 to FIX my computer....both computers are working fine and Sims2 is also doing fine.  Question:  What happens if I don't activate Windows ?  Also, is there a way to call Microsoft and talk to an American that I can understand ?  Also, I very carefully read the info on the box, the DVD's and paper work with the DVD's and cannot find anywhere where it is to be used on ONE computer only or any limit on how many times it can be installed.  Comments would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: