Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:12:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Path all messed up  (Read 4259 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:00:59 pm »

My Downloads folder was in C:\Users\Fred\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\  some how this got changed to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\EA Games\  when I ran the game it came up with nothing, no Hoods or anything.  Moved all the files back where they should be but still have a problem.  The game seems normal but have some things in my Downloads folder that don't show in the game.  Also, used SimPE to change the skin of a Sim and it didn't change, don't think SimPE knows where my files are and can't find anyway to show the path in SimPE.  When I do a check it gives me three green check marks like all is well but it isn't.  Any suggestions ---- and don't say do a complete reinstall !
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:05:58 am »

Now the game is messed up also.   Every time I try to play I get a screen with no HOODS, wanting me to create my first hood.  Have about 20 or more hoods in my Downloads folder but apparently it is not looking there.  All expansion packs are at C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\

Where can you find in the EA Games folder where it is going to find the Downloads and other folders ?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 03:58:53 pm »

I have an EA Games folder in the 'public files' path too, but there's nothing inside the "The sims 2" folder. It's probably just a Windows thing. Are you saying your Downloads folder is now in that folder instead of the Documents path? Have you tried to move it to the proper location?

All your stuff should be at the regular path in Documents. If it's not there, or if you remove files, your game will remake files and reset to default settings.

For CC not showing, have you gone through the help section at MTS? Most issues can be solved with the help topics there.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:04:15 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 09:22:38 pm »

My Downloads, Neighborhoods and other folders are in C:\Users\Fred\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2    .  They had been moved to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\EA Games\The Sims2 , now they are in both locations but the main program can't find it.   I think that somehow I inadvertently moved the file, but don't know how.  Is there something in the registry or elsewhere that points to where these folders are Huh?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »

Can you move the files back to the proper location?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: