Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:45:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now this is frustrating...  (Read 8265 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2015, 12:44:01 pm »

I finally got back into playing Sims 2, even installed Bon Voyage and am loving it. But, I have a problem. The Sims 2 Clean installer program wouldn't allow me to uninstall it when I wiped my games from the computer years ago and now I have the newest version the maker came out with before she passed but it won't install because I still can't get the old one outta my program files. Does anyone have any expertise/advice on how to do this which doesn't involve an atom bomb, hard radiation, grenades, or other weapons of mass mayhem?  Mad2 Mad2 Mad2 I've got SimPE up and running, have used it a few times but the Clean Installer is just so much better when I wish to edit a house I've made and have a mind to upload, knowing that some folks want a clean version. To be frank (instead of Leroy), I dunno if I can even use SimPE for that purpose. Any suggestions are welcome, so long as you don't tell me to flush my digestive tract with Draino... Oh, and I hope the holidays which folks celebrate have been good ones for all of you!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 01:25:48 pm »

I think I just installed the new version over the old one. Seemed to work. But I'm guessing you tried that already?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »

Yeah and it got all sniffy with me, told me I had an older version which I had to uninstall first. Meh.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 06:45:02 pm »

I got that message too, but I just clicked on and I think it uninstalled automatically.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »

You could try using CCleaner. Its a free program intended to clear up disk space and whatnot, but it deletes programs without a second glance, and can also be really helpful in ridding viruses- but not until they're already on your computer, its not an antivirus. Maybe that will help?

Find me on moonlight <3
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 05:38:26 pm »

I've got Ccleaner and it didn't do jack. I did, however, finally find the version of Clean Installer and put it on without any problems. It only took me ages to find it amongst the literally hundreds of disks of content I have... But, I can say that I am once again happy playing my game!

SidneyKilk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:51:56 pm »

I've got Ccleaner and it didn't do jack. I did, however, finally find the version of Clean Installer and put it on without any problems. It only took me ages to find it amongst the literally hundreds of disks of content I have... But, I can say that I am once again happy playing my game!

That's really frustrating. If Ccleaner didn't do it, I'm not sure what else you can do.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:06:11 pm by SidneyKilk » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: