Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:53:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem whit plates/bowls.  (Read 4699 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JazzyClassy

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:20:00 pm »

This topic have been up in an other forum but as we could not figure out what the problem was I post it here as well.

I do have a quite annoying problem in my game and it's been there for quite some time now. I have no idea what the problem is but it's easy to see when it occurs. I do play veronaville whit 2 subhoods and the so far I have just seen the problem in this subhoods (mostly because I do play them a lot).  The thing is that suddenly some of my adult female sims just quit taking care of their empty  plates/bowls after a meal. They do not want to do it and I can not command them to do it either (there's no action for this object). No, they can not "lick it clean" either, the action never takes place.  angry This issue do not appears at all of my lots but a big handfull. So when I see this problem on a lot I know what there is 10 lots or so I can not play whitout fixing this. There is some lots I do not want to play beause of this issue.

In my game I do not have many rules. There is not many things my sims must do but I try very hard to make them take care of the plates.  Why? Because in my  head, I got the idea of this helping a little but it's just a very loose theory, not rocket scient. Sooner or later the problem accurs and what I have to do then is the action of deleting the sim using move_objects. Yes, it's true, I have the tip from a former sims forum and when I have deleted the sim I have to save the lot, exit to hood and then enter again. The deleted sim now stands by the mailbox (whit the bladder  need in half and maybe something more) but now she can do her dishes. Why is this so important? Because, sooner or later the sim will be home alone and if she do her dishes twritinghey will be standing there untill someone else comes home houers later. I also have a single woman whit this problem. For some reason mostly females have this problem.

So when do the problem accur? Hard to say but there is a bigger risk of it accuring right after something "happening" whit my computer (running Windows Vista). A "happening" can be, in example, installing EP's/SP's, the computer clock changing from summer to winter time or the other way round (I do not allow it anymore) or similar. It must be an "event" like that.

So, as you surely understand, this makes me very angry and if anyone, just anyone have a solution of this issue I will be happy. One I requested a mod that wouldmake sims autonomously tak care of the dishes but as noone else seems to have the problem or being interested in a mod there was never one made. I know that my game is a little borked as I did do some bad things in the past. I did delete a sim from family big and I did make a reset writing in  a cheatcode wrong. However, I have been playing for years and years now whitout any problem what so ever and I do not think that my misstakes have anything to do whit this issue (beliveing not knowing).

Sorry for spelling errors, it's quite a lot of text and english is not my first language.  Embarrassed
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:26:34 pm »

Installing new EP/SPs can potentially break existing bonds ingame (Also resesetting previously interactable 'accessory' objects like plates), so that's not so weird. Uninstalling usually mess up things.

I imagine you'd have to run Vista every time (unless you have a MAC or some other OS in addition), so I don't think that can be the problem.

Some hack/mod could also potentially be causing trouble. Try moving out your CC and play on a new lot in a new neighborhood (you can delete the neighborhood later). If the problem goes away, it's probably a CC issue, and if it doesn't, something else is wrong.

Maybe your sims have a very messy personality, and refuses to do the dishes? Only sims with somewhere around 0-2 neat points will be able to lick clean dishes.

What I do with stuck dishes is to place it on a table or unused counter, and delete the entire table/counter with Moveobjects on. Probably a bit safer than deleting sims.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JazzyClassy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:14:41 pm »

Thanks for the answer, it sure was helpful. Or at least, it did make me feel better.

Now, I do not keep a track on all of my sims personality (it would be impossible) but I can take a look when I play a trouble sim to see what her personality are.

A test could be done but I do not think it will show anything. The "trouble sims" are a groupe that showed their problem a couple of years ago ( I do play since 2009 or so) and I do have sims made before and after them they works all right. Hmm, don't know. My biggest concerns is that this problem may have antyhing to do whit my game being a little borked. Because, it is. I did some bad things in the past but so far so good. I did install the hoodshecker from MTS and it shows some strange relations but nothing else. I do not have the data here, this is my Linux computer, so I do not know what it says.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 03:19:42 pm »

Do you have a sink and/or a dishwasher ?
JazzyClassy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 05:02:35 pm »

Yes I have put in a dishwasher and a sink (always puts in both). And there is bathrooms sinks to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: