Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:02:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashes when in bodyshop and CAS  (Read 4775 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jacquiimoo

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:42:51 pm »

So, the other day TS2 decided it no longer wanted to work.
First I was downloading some new clothes and went to load them up in Bodyshop... only to have it crash on me when I tried to create a new sim. I thought maybe it was the custom content, so I removed the new content I downloaded and tried again, no luck. Then I went on a limb and removed ALL of my custom content, still no luck.
I went through all the tutorials on MTS on fixing game crashes, nothing works. I eventually tried a clean reinstall of TS2 and still no luck. It does it on CAS as well in the game.
I'm playing on a Sony Vaio laptop, I'm about 98.99% sure it's not my laptop because every other game I have ever played still runs perfectly fine on it, including TS3 (which I feel somewhat happy about, but I'm not a fan of TS3 and don't care to try TS4). It ran fine for years. The only major change my laptop has come by is an upgrade to Windows 10, however I have played since the upgrade once again with no problems.

Oh and in case it matters, I'm not running off of any of the disks. I am running Ultimate Collection off of Origin, my disks were damaged after years and years of play and when I contacted EA they gave me a download of Ultimate Collection.
I'm stumped.  huh I really would love to still play Sims 2... Sims 3 never really grew on me the same  Undecided
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »

That is very interesting.
It still sounds like it is a problem with your graphics/W10 since it is still doing it after removing CC and doing a clean install.
You might try one or both of these tutorials:
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uBWrF6wmU

You'll want to go to your Origins folder to find the game file, of course.
Program Files(x86) > Origins Games

jacquiimoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:40:01 pm »

I managed to stop it from crashing by using this link http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
It says not to use this fix for Window's 10 but I was desperate and had nothing else left to loose lol. I haven't tried it with my CC yet, I'll probably update here again once I do to let anybody else reading here know.
Such a simple fix... and I had spent two days trying everything. Oh, Sims lol.

Update: Added CC and it is working fine!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:53:07 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:08:08 pm »

Great! Glad to see you've figured it out. : P
Some people have loads of problems with sims and W10, but others don't, so it's hard to tell.

Hopefully it stays working for you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: