Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:19:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolution  (Read 5229 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SilverFox

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2016, 10:50:29 pm »

I know this has been asked many times but can't find it now.  All of a sudden my game comes up as 800 x 600 resolution which is pretty small on a 27 inch monitor.  I have gone to the graphics in game and set it at the highest setting and it works fine but the next time I load the game it is back to 800 x 600.  Have gone into T&A TS Data, Res, Config and set the first instance of ' forceLowResolution' to false but it doesn't help.  What else should I look for ?

ETA: More info.  The thing I did that caused the change was to start Sims 2 from SimPE.  It started from Mansions and Gardens but I have checked the Low Resolution there too and it is set to false.

Admin note: If you have something new to add to your original post within the same 24 period and no one has replied to you, please edit your post instead of replying to it. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:10:47 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Zoltan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:43:52 pm »

What I did after Win7 and Sims2 had problems was this fix I found ( I cant remember where...but it worked for me)

Find the file:

C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/Config/Graphics Rules.sgr

… and make a copy of it under a different name as a backup (something like Graphics Rules.sgr.bak)

Now edit the original file and find the section:

“option ScreenModeResolution”

You will see settings for Low, Medium, and High.
Copy the medium settings and paste them over the low settings to allow the game to start at 1024×768 resolution or better.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:35 am »

Thanks Zoltan but still have a problem.  Did as you suggested and it starts at 1028 x 768 but still have to change it to 1680 x 1050 or 1776 x 1000 every time I start over.  I also made sure the forceLowResolution is set to false on the 1st incidence but true on the rest.  Is there anywhere other than Graphics Rules.sgr where this could be changed or any other place within Graphic Rules.sgr ?  As I said, open the game and go to graphics, change to 1680 x 1050 and then accept the changes but next time I play the game have to do it all over again.
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 03:36:43 pm »

Have changed the graphic rules.sgr file (or whatever it was you suggested) by copying the high resolution settings over both the Low and Medium settings in The Sims 2, TS Data, Graphic Rules.sgr and also in Mansion and Gardens and in T & A and it still starts at 800 x 600.   Also, checked each of those to make sure 'forceLowResolution' was set to false.  Don't know where else to look.
Chris Hatch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:24:36 am »

The Graphics Rules.sgr in T&A is not the same as M&G so changes that are intended for M&G may not be applicable to T&A. Clearly you have not diminished T&A's Graphics Rules.sgr or you would not be able to use 1680 x 1050.
The place the resolution is stored for the next time the game runs is in your userProps.xml (Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\), find the line that begins with '  <AnyString key="activeDeviceDisplayMode" type="0x0b8bea18">'

Note: In T&A the userProps.xml also differs from M&G as it has force12HrTime and carsOnRight as options
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 03:55:25 pm »

Thanks Chris, that was it.  Got it back to 1776 x 1000.   Was annoying to have to change it each time I started up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: