Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:41:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to re-model a mesh  (Read 16404 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 04:35:45 pm »

Does Shacklin's version work fine on its own? I must admit, I haven't tried it ingame - not for a very long while, anyway. It is very possible the original mod isn't compatible with a full game, since the files are from 2005/06 (around OFB/Pets, I think).

You should also remove your version when testing, as it seems to be interfering with Shacklin's.

The only thing I can think of is if I shouldn't have changed the GUIDs for the "Social - Play - LightsaberMenu" and "Social - Play - LightSaberFight" - but they do seem to be in the area of Shacklin's GUID block (all 3 GUIDs starting with "685xx") so unless some interactions refer to those GUIDs, I can't see the problem.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:49:14 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 05:24:40 pm »

I can confirm 100% that they work with full expansion on their own.
It is the reason why i wanted to remodel them in the first place.

You could call it a revision. Smiley

Also are you referring to the object data for those GUIDs? because i can't that 68xx figure you mentioned.

I would recommend trying this out with just these and no other downloads in your folder.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 08:34:59 am »

THe 68xxx numbers are the GUIDs, in the OBJD.

I'll see if I get the chance to test the files later tonight.

It could be that Shacklin's files are tinkered with in such a way that clones won't work. I don't know how that would be, but who knows?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:41:44 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 09:49:36 am »

The behavior of what i tested with the two objects on the floor were acting one, so there must be a way to cut the link tagging them both and converting them both as two different objects.
the bottom line the version i made still has data acting as shaks and must be changed.  Star Wars
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 11:34:51 am »

I think your version didn't have proper GUIDs, and it doesn't have all the resources it needs. So it won't work properly on its own or together with Shacklin's version.

Mine should be standalone - unless there's some other info bit that needs to be changed. I have to check it ingame before I tinker any further with it.

My site:

jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 01:09:19 pm »

Have you considered swapping GMDCs to test drive the models stability
I may have done something wrong with the design itself.

Although i don't think that would affect the interactions.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 01:29:15 pm »

The GMDC doesn't have anything to do with that (Or so I think, anyway).

It looks like the "on" pie menu got screwed up somehow. I'll have to take a look at that. Also, sims won't pick it up.
Might be the extra GUIDs, as I suspected, since they're referenced in the BHAVs. I'll have another look.

This object may be a little too advanced even for me. It might involve some BHAV editing - and I'm only somewhat comfortable with BHAVs when it comes to poseboxes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:47:56 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »

You will notice that if you go back to buy mode once you try to use the objects it will say that is in use.
I totally agree that the pie menu GUIDs are messed up, however the Status is working.  Cheers
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 01:49:20 pm »

It's got to do with the social OBJDs, I think. I'm going to try and keep them the way they were (old GUIDs), and just hope they won't interfere with the original object.

Nope, that didn't work, either. Maybe the accessory object also is referenced somewhere.

It looks like something is wrong somewhere, and for some bizarre reason the pie menu functions refuse to point to the proper BHAV, even when I try to change them. I'm beginning to think Shacklin's editing skills are waaaaay over my head. Even the file I cloned first, the one I didn't change GUIDs for, has screwed-up pie menu functions.

If you want, I can make a double sword replacement using the original - but you wouldn't be able to use the single sword.

---

Edit again:

I think the problem is that the original object has multiple BHAVs with identical instance numbers, which makes the clone read the wrong ones in the "Pie menu functions". For instance, "Function-Init" and "Interaction - Person A" has the instance 1000, and somehow the clone reads the first, and Shacklin's object reads the second. This is true for a lot of the BHAVs. Essentially, it means Shacklin's object is more or less broken to start with - it just doesn't show ingame. Somehow, the object works fine ingame, even if it really shouldn't.

I can go through all the broken BHAVs and fix the instance numbers, and fixing those again wherever they're referenced wrong, but I have no idea if this will be enough. I'm not very used to editing BHAVs, and while I can fix the problem for a posebox, I have no idea if editing the instance numbers will have anything to say for the rest of the resources. I'm also not sure if it's safe to edit the main GUID (for the "Accessory - Lightsaber"), or if I can safely edit the GUIDs for the social interactions (and edit the numbers in the BHAVs that refrence them).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:42:27 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »

Dam we're gonna need some more help with this.
I can't believe that this cannot be cloned, i've never seen anything like this. lol

How the hell did Shaklin do this?

How many Behavs are you dealing with and how would you tell if they are broken?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »

At least 5-6 pairs of BHAVs. They share the same instance number.
The main problem is that I don't know if the extra ones are used by the object, or how Shacklin managed to make the object read the correct ones.

I've had a similar problem with poseboxes, when I've forgotten to fix the instance numbers - but since I know how the BHAVs are supposed to look like, and what I can safely edit, I've managed to fix them. But the lightsaber object has several things I haven't even seen before.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:24:15 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 03:44:27 pm »

Lol this is well and truly ahead of its time.
This is way over my head now, i'm unsure where to locate those numbers that you haven't seen before.

Keep in mind this has several different modes when equipped and unequipped.

Now you see why i consider this a work of art, there is clearly nothing like this.  Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 04:08:38 pm »

I hav seen more intricate objects than this - but I don't usually tinker around much with them. BHAVs and such isn't my strongest area.

My biggest question is how Shacklin got this thing to work in the first place, seeing as there are a bunch of mistakes and errors everywhere...

While I don't have the skills to make such an object, I sort of understand the basics behind it. It looks like the object is loosely based upon the "Run with scissors" object from the original Sims 2 site, with a few new/modified animations and some interactions borrowed vrom various sources, plus a few sound files and such.

My site:

jasmini

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 04:38:36 pm »

There's a run with scissors object? i've never seen this unless you are referring to the ones used to trim shrubs.
Also, you mentioned errors i was given the impression that errors wouldn't be left littered in the finished object.  huh
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 06:14:12 pm »

The errors in the original are the cause of trouble with the clones. I have no idea how Shacklin made the object work, because it really shouldn't work the way it is made.

Somehow, the pie menus read the correct duplicate instance in Shacklin's object, but the wrong duplicate in the clone, and therefore pick the wrong BHAV in the pie menu. I have absolutely no idea why. I'm not even sure if the duplicates are needed for anything (they have different functions and names), so I can't tell if it's safe to remove them altogether.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:19:41 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: