Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 12:31:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skintones linked to Marvine-Beosboxboy's meshes  (Read 30946 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FJPerez

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2006, 06:40:06 am »

Hi. I’ve received several questions about how to my skins can be “shower proof” and conserve like Marvine-Beosboxboy’s bodybuilder (or others) in the shower, etc. My skins are made over Maxis’ ones for everybody who have not downloaded those meshes can use them. It you want to make them "shower proof", you have to do this [You have this in Spanish and French below]:

1.- You have to download, first, the skin you want and also one of the skins you can find here, in Insimenator, made, for example, by Wirelessguy or Kavar*; that of you want the sim in shower appears. Put them in “My documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads”.
*[For example,    by Kavar >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=11383;
and    by Wirelessguy >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=4282 ].

[ATTACH]41076[/ATTACH]

2.- Once downloaded, open Body Shop to “create elements”, then to “create genetics” and “skintone”.

[ATTACH]41077[/ATTACH]

3.- Select the skintone you want to make “shower proof” (1) and make a new project exporting it (2); name this project like you want (for example, AAA) (3) and accept it (4). Then, close the project (5).

[ATTACH]41078[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]41128[/ATTACH]

4.- Once closed it you are again on the screen to make a new project. Begin it going again to “create elements”-“create genetics”- “skintones” but now load up the shower-proof skin and create a new project. Give it a new name (BBB), but now do not cancel it; let it on your screen. [You have to do, then, exactly the same steps before except the last one (5)].

[ATTACH]41080[/ATTACH]

If you want, now you can write the words to describe the new skin you are creating (“BBB shower proof”, for instance).

[ATTACH]41081[/ATTACH]

5.- Without closing body shop and with this second project (BBB) on the screen:
a) open Windows Explorer and go to "My documents\EA Games\Projects\AAA (the name you've given the first skin project)”. You have to copy all the “.bmp” files of the skin (all of them except one).

[ATTACH]41082[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41083[/ATTACH]

b) Then, go to "My documents\EA Games\Projects\BBB” (the second project that in this moment you have still open in Body Shop) and paste these ".bmp" files over.

[ATTACH]41084[/ATTACH]  [ATTACH]41085[/ATTACH]

c) If you want to have an specific icon of this skin in Body Shop and in the game to identify it, in this project (BBB), open “swatch” file with a photoshop program to recolour, put an image or whatever you want and save it.

[ATTACH]41090[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41091[/ATTACH]

6.- Now, go back to Body Shop and refresh it (1); you would see the new skin and –if you have done it- also the “swatch” icon. Export it to the game (2). Next time you open your game, the skin would be there.

[ATTACH]41092[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41093[/ATTACH]

(7).- To verify the skin is rightly exported to the game, you can clone or create a new sim in Body Shop and put him the new skin.

I hope this indications will help. Sorry by my English, and I hope it works. Thank you everybody for your interest and, once more –always–, to Marvine & Beosboxboy for their incredible meshes and also to Wirelessguy  & Kavar.

* InstSkn-im-01.jpg (34.39 KB, 398x565 - viewed 129401 times.)

* InstSkn-im-02.jpg (43.3 KB, 798x295 - viewed 8304 times.)

* InstSkn-im-03a.jpg (57.13 KB, 800x567 - viewed 8335 times.)

* InstSkn-im-03b.jpg (47.76 KB, 800x567 - viewed 8285 times.)

* InstSkn-im-04.jpg (45.71 KB, 595x411 - viewed 8035 times.)

* InstSkn-im-04b.jpg (65.13 KB, 800x567 - viewed 8218 times.)

* InstSkn-im-05a-01.jpg (53.21 KB, 737x475 - viewed 8191 times.)

* InstSkn-im-05a-02.jpg (91.47 KB, 737x475 - viewed 8159 times.)

* InstSkn-im-05b-01.jpg (64.11 KB, 737x475 - viewed 8085 times.)

* InstSkn-im-05b-02.jpg (55.68 KB, 737x475 - viewed 7925 times.)

* InstSkn-im-05c-01.jpg (109.83 KB, 737x475 - viewed 7978 times.)

* InstSkn-im-05c-02.jpg (3.49 KB, 200x89 - viewed 9770 times.)

* InstSkn-im-06a.jpg (64.57 KB, 800x567 - viewed 7995 times.)

* InstSkn-im-06b.jpg (68.68 KB, 800x567 - viewed 7954 times.)

* InstSkn-im-03c.jpg (63.32 KB, 800x567 - viewed 8021 times.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:18:22 am by FJPerez » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 11:16:36 am »

very cool!  thank you FJPerez - you may also post this in Spanish if you like Smiley

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Arabian_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 03:14:17 pm »

Sorry for the stupid question, but what do you mean by "shower proof"?

FJPerez

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 12:40:03 pm »

J’ai reçu quelques questions sur comme mes ‘skins’ peuvent conserver sous la douche les ‘meshes’ faites per Marvine et Beosboxboy, ce dire, être “shower proof”. Mes ‘skintones’ sont faites sur les ‘skins’ de Maxis dans le but de que n’importe qui peut les utiliser. Ici je dis comme vous pouvez transformer une ‘skin’ normal dans une autre ‘shower proof’. Vous pouvez regarder les images dans la version anglaise.

1.- Baissez (Download) la ‘skin’ que vous voulez transformer en ‘shower proof’ et aussi une des ‘skins’ que vous pouvez trouver ici, à Insimenator, qui soit ‘shower proof’ comme, par exemple, celles de Wirelessguy ou Kavar*; il y a plusieurs et chaque une delles apparaît dans une sorte différent sous la douche. Mettez toutes les deux dans le dossier “Mes documents\EA Games\Les Sims 2\Downloads”.
*[Par exemple,    de Kavar >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=11383;
et    de Wirelessguy >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=4282 ].

2.- Faite ça, ouvrez Body Shop (L’Atelier du Corps’ en Français?) et après à “Créer éléments”, puis “Créer génétique” et à “skintones” (or peaux, l’icône de la main).

3.- Sélectionnez la ‘skin’ que vous voulez faire ‘shower proof’ (1), ouvrez un nouveau projet en chargeant cette ‘skin’ et créez un nouveau projet; donnez lui un nom (AAA, par exemple) (3) et  acceptez lui (4). Une fois faite ça, fermez le projet (5).

4.- Une fois que vous l’en avez fermé vous êtes sur l’écran pour faire nouveaux projets. Recommencez le cours de “Créer éléments”-“Créer génétique”-“skintones” et ouvrez un nouveau projet mais en chargeant maintenant la ‘skin’ qu’est ‘shower proof” (cette de Wirelessguy, Kavar ou quelque autre). Donnez lui un nom (BBB) et –à la différence du passage précédant– ne fermez pas le projet, en le laissant sur l’écran [Donc, ç’est la même procédure que vous avait fait en avant sauf la dernière action].
   Si vouz voulez, vous pouvez écrire les mots qui décrirons la ‘skin’ que vous êtes à créer (par exemple, “BBB shower proof”),

5.- Sans sortir, donc, de l’Atelier du Corps, avec le deuxième projet (le BBB) sur l’écran:
   a) Ouvrez l’Explorateur de Windows et allez au dossier “Mes documents\EA Games\Les Sims 2\Projects\AAA (le nom que vous avez donné au premier des projets)”. Copiez tous les archives “.bmp” du dossier (tous sauf un).
b) Donc, allez à “Mes documents\EA Games\Les Sims 2\Projects\BBB (le nom que vous avez donné au deuxième projet, celui-ci qu’est maintenant ouvert dans l’Atelier du Corps)” et collez là les archives “.bmp” que vous avez copié préalablemente.
c) Si vous voulez que sur l’écran de l’Atelier du Corps et du jeu appareîsse un icône spécifique de la ‘skin’ que vous êtes `créer, dans ce projet BBB ouvrez l’archive “swatch.bmp” avec un programme comme Adobe Photoshop or Corel Photo Paint, dessinez l’image ou le texte que vous sohuaitez et gardez le.

6.- Retournez maintenant a l’Atelier du Corps et  rechargez le (1); vous regarderez sur l’écran au sim à votre gauche avec la nouvelle ‘skin’ et –si vous l’avez fait– l’icône préalablemente creé. Exportez le projet au jeu (2). La prochaine fois que vous ouvrez le jeu la ‘skin’ sera lá.

[7.- Pour vérifier que la ‘skin’ a été correctement exporté vous pouvez cloner ou créer un nouveau sim à l’Atelier du Corps et mettre la sur lui, mais la comprobation du ‘shower proof’ vous pouvez seulement la faire au jeu, quand le sim soit sous la douche].

Mes meilleurs souvenirs à la France et aux pays francophones et, s’il vout plaît, pardonnez mon français. Merci tous vous et spécialemente –et toujours– à Marvine et Beosboxboy par son incroyable travail qui partagent avec tous nous, et aussi à Wirelessguy et Kavar par la même raison .
FJPerez

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:40:39 pm »

Hola. He recibido varias preguntas sobre cómo mis ‘skins’ pueden conservarse en la ducha (y otros sitios) con las ‘mallas’ (meshes) de Marvine y Beosboxboy. Mis ‘skintones’ están hechas sobre las normales de Maxis para que cualquiera pueda usarlas, sin ser necesario que se hayan bajado las meshes comentadas.
Paso a indicar cómo se puede convertir una ‘skin’ normal en ‘shower proof’ (“a prueba de ducha”). [Véanse las imágenes en la versión inglesa].

1.- Baja (Download) primero la ‘skin’ que quieres y deseas convertir en ‘shower proof’ y también una de las ‘skins’ que se puede encontrar aquí, en Insimenator, que sea ‘shower proof’, como, por ejemplo, las de Wirelessguy o Kavar*; hay varias disponibles y cada una de ellas aparece de forma diferente bajo la ducha. Pon ambas en el directorio “Mis documentos\EA Games\Los Sims 2\Downloads”.
*[Por ejemplo,    por Kavar >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=11383;
y    por Wirelessguy >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=4282 ].

2.- Una vez situadas en ese directorio, abre El Taller del Cuerpo (Body Shop), ve a “crear elementos”, después a “crear genética” y a “skintones” (o pieles, el icono de la mano).

3.- Selecciona la ‘skin’ que quieres hacer ‘shower proof’ (1) y abre un nuevo proyecto cargando dicha ‘skin’ y crea un nuevo proyecto exportándola (2); dale un nombre cualquiera (AAA, por ejemplo) (3) y acéptalo (4). Hecho esto, cierra el proyecto (5).

4.- Una vez cerrado está de nuevo en la pantalla para hacer nuevos proyectos. Comienza de nuevo en “Crear elementos”-“Crear genética”-“Skintones” y abre un nuevo proyecto pero cargando ahora la ‘skin’ ‘shower proof’ (de Wirelessguy, Kavar o la que sea). Dale un nombre (BBB) y –a diferencia del paso anterior– no cierres el proyecto, manteniéndolo en pantalla [O sea, se ejecutan exactamente los mismos pasos que antes salvo el último (5)].
   Si quieres, puedes escribir las palabras que describirán la ‘skin’ que estás creando (por ejemplo, “BBB shower proof”).

5.- Sin cerrar, pues, el Taller del Cuerpo, con el segundo proyecto (el BBB) en la pantalla:
   a) abre el Explorador de Windows y vete al directorio “Mis documentos\EA Games\Los Sims 2\Projects\AAA (nombre que has dado al primero de los proyectos)”. Copia todos los archivos “.bmp” de la carpeta (que son todos salvo uno).
   b) Tras esto, vete a “Mis documentos\EA Games\Los Sims 2\Projects\BBB (nombre que has dado al segundo de los proyectos, el que está en esos momentos abierto en el Taller del Cuerpo)” y pega en él los archivos “.bmp” previamente copiados.
   c) Si quieres que en la pantalla del Taller del Cuerpo y del juego aparezca un icono específico de esta ‘skin’ que estás creando, en este proyecto BBB abre el archivo “swatch.bmp” con un programa de tratamiento de imágenes o de dibujo y pon en dicho archivo la imagen que quieras, o letras, o lo que sea, y guárdalo.

6.- Vuelve ahora al Taller del Cuerpo y “refréscalo” (1) –no sé muy bien cómo se puede decir esto en castellano, renuévalo dándole a la flecha que se indica– y entonces se podrá ver en pantalla al sim de la izquierda ya con la nueva ‘skin’ y, de haberlo hecho, el icono ‘swatch’ previamente creado. Exporta el proyecto al juego (2). La próxima vez que abras el juego la ‘skin’ estará allí.

[7.- Para comprobar que la ‘skin’ ha sido correctamente exportada puedes clonar o crear un nuevo sim en el Taller del Cuerpo y ponérsela, aunque el que sea “shower proof” no se comprobará hasta que los metas en la ducha en el juego].
   En este caso no tengo que pedir perdón por mi castellano, pero sí repetir en este idioma mi agradicimiento, en primer lugar, a Marvine y Beosboxboy por su increíble trabajo que comparten tan gratuitamente, a Wirelessguy y Kavar y, en general, a todos los miembros de Insimenator.
hugo0401

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:29:38 pm »

Many, many thanks by these indications that you gave, already I did my first skintone and be wonderful, from Mexico receives an affectionate greeting and my repeated congratulations.  :grin: :howdy: :party1: :glasses7: :pickleride: :queen: :smt119 :tongue9:

Ozzucay ~ Rest In Peace ~ You will always be in our thoughts
MsMacDugle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:00:38 am »

Quote from: FJPerez;346770
Hi. I’ve received several questions about how to my skins can be “shower proof” and conserve like Marvine-Beosboxboy’s bodybuilder (or others) in the shower, etc. My skins are made over Maxis’ ones for everybody who have not downloaded those meshes can use them. It you want to make them "shower proof", you have to do this [You have this in Spanish and French below]:

1.- You have to download, first, the skin you want and also one of the skins you can find here, in Insimenator, made, for example, by Wirelessguy or Kavar*; that of you want the sim in shower appears. Put them in “My documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads”.
*[For example,     by Kavar >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=11383;
and     by Wirelessguy >> http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=4282 ].

[ATTACH]41076[/ATTACH]

2.- Once downloaded, open Body Shop to “create elements”, then to “create genetics” and “skintone”.

[ATTACH]41077[/ATTACH]

3.- Select the skintone you want to make “shower proof” (1) and make a new project exporting it (2); name this project like you want (for example, AAA) (3) and accept it (4). Then, close the project (5).

[ATTACH]41078[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]41128[/ATTACH]

4.- Once closed it you are again on the screen to make a new project. Begin it going again to “create elements”-“create genetics”- “skintones” but now load up the shower-proof skin and create a new project. Give it a new name (BBB), but now do not cancel it; let it on your screen. [You have to do, then, exactly the same steps before except the last one (5)].

[ATTACH]41080[/ATTACH]

If you want, now you can write the words to describe the new skin you are creating (“BBB shower proof”, for instance).

[ATTACH]41081[/ATTACH]

5.- Without closing body shop and with this second project (BBB) on the screen:
a) open Windows Explorer and go to "My documents\EA Games\Projects\AAA (the name you've given the first skin project)”. You have to copy all the “.bmp” files of the skin (all of them except one).

[ATTACH]41082[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41083[/ATTACH]

b) Then, go to "My documents\EA Games\Projects\BBB” (the second project that in this moment you have still open in Body Shop) and paste these ".bmp" files over.

[ATTACH]41084[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41085[/ATTACH]

c) If you want to have an specific icon of this skin in Body Shop and in the game to identify it, in this project (BBB), open “swatch” file with a photoshop program to recolour, put an image or whatever you want and save it.

[ATTACH]41090[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41091[/ATTACH]

6.- Now, go back to Body Shop and refresh it (1); you would see the new skin and –if you have done it- also the “swatch” icon. Export it to the game (2). Next time you open your game, the skin would be there.

[ATTACH]41092[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41093[/ATTACH]

(7).- To verify the skin is rightly exported to the game, you can clone or create a new sim in Body Shop and put him the new skin.

I hope this indications will help. Sorry by my English, and I hope it works. Thank you everybody for your interest and, once more –always–, to Marvine & Beosboxboy for their incredible meshes and also to Wirelessguy & Kavar.
Thank you, merci, danke

:welcome: Hello, I'm a sims addict:group hu: ...I can change, if I have to I guess, but I don't wanna :coffee:DeBRA
MsMacDugle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 06:36:18 pm »

Okay, I'm trying this out but I can't seem to find any skin icons that look like

:welcome: Hello, I'm a sims addict:group hu: ...I can change, if I have to I guess, but I don't wanna :coffee:DeBRA
andres_15
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 11:07:31 am »

wow muxas grax , no entiendo mucho ingles, pero igual algo entiendo
grax por dejarme claro todo lo que hay q hacer te pasaste Cheesy
Suza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 09:50:30 pm »

:worship: Great tutorial, thank you very much.

SIMPLY STYLING
JOPE & SUZA
[/FONT]
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 02:13:05 pm »

This is a great tutorial!! I will DEFINITELY be doing this to ALL my skintones tonight!!

Muchas GRACIAS!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: