Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:58:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird pie menu glitch  (Read 8193 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:43:31 pm »

This has been happening for a couple years. At first I thought it was because I had the European version of Open for Business, so I bought the US copy since all of my other games were US copies. I'm also having the issue where children can't use the tickle interaction unless they both share the same household even with a mutual 100/100 relationship. I just installed all of my games again and I have all game and expansion packs including Double Deluxe so the game is totally download and mod free. I'm also running on Windows 10 with no other problems.

Thanks for any help!  huh

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 11:20:54 pm »

Do these problems happen only in one household? Or all households? How about in new households created after your new install?

Is Amin not a toddler? If not, then does it only happen with Amin or with other non-toddlers as well? If only with Amin, then my guess would be that somehow the game doesn't know what Amin's proper age is and perhaps if you force an error on him, you might clear up the issue. Is Amin a Sim from before or newly created since your new install?

As far as the missing tickle interaction goes, I'm at a loss since you say your game is mod free. Is the interaction available with new families created since the install? If it only occurs with families that you had before, once again I would suspect something happened prior to your new install which may have corrupted the character files of the Sims.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:53:10 pm »

Do these problems happen only in one household? Or all households? How about in new households created after your new install?

Is Amin not a toddler? If not, then does it only happen with Amin or with other non-toddlers as well? If only with Amin, then my guess would be that somehow the game doesn't know what Amin's proper age is and perhaps if you force an error on him, you might clear up the issue. Is Amin a Sim from before or newly created since your new install?

As far as the missing tickle interaction goes, I'm at a loss since you say your game is mod free. Is the interaction available with new families created since the install? If it only occurs with families that you had before, once again I would suspect something happened prior to your new install which may have corrupted the character files of the Sims.

Amin is a random toddler I put into the household. This pie menu happens in all households. I have a few more expansions to install and then I'll check if the tickle bug is still there. The installations weren't ever interrupted and the path goes to the right place.

zombie
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 07:58:15 am »

Amin is a random toddler I put into the household. This pie menu happens in all households. I have a few more expansions to install and then I'll check if the tickle bug is still there. The installations weren't ever interrupted and the path goes to the right place.
I'm confused about the pie menu then. Since Amin is a toddler, then he can drink Smart Milk. So your Sim has the choice of either giving Amin the Smart Milk or throwing the Smart Milk away. What am I missing? What exactly is the problem there?

If the Sims, Families or Lots involved were carried forward from your old install to your new install, then the problem may be with those Sims, Families or Lots themselves and the reinstall could have no effect. If you can duplicate the problems with fresh families created after the reinstall, then something else is going on.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:05:51 am by HobbesED » Logged

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 09:00:27 am »

"Give smartmilk to [Toddler name]" will make the sim take a bottle and give it to said toddler. "Dispose" will make the sim clean up the smartmilk so it's ready for a new batch.

If you're confused as to why the pie menu says "to[name] instead of "to [name]" it's probably a typo, and there are plenty to go around, probably in most of the languages. I've noticed one in Bodyshop where they've left out a letter in the word "contents" (in my language) in the box that pops up every time I import a project to game. I've learned to live with it, but you can get fixes for some of these typos. Not sure if there's one for the smartmilk.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 01:50:01 pm »

After all these years, I've never noticed the "MilkTo" typo. And I didn't notice it in Hammie's picture either. THANKS Theraven! Hopefully that's all the problem Hammie was/is having with it. I was thinking they were experiencing an actual problem with the Smart Milk itself.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:32:27 pm »

"Give smartmilk to [Toddler name]" will make the sim take a bottle and give it to said toddler. "Dispose" will make the sim clean up the smartmilk so it's ready for a new batch.

If you're confused as to why the pie menu says "to[name] instead of "to [name]" it's probably a typo, and there are plenty to go around, probably in most of the languages. I've noticed one in Bodyshop where they've left out a letter in the word "contents" (in my language) in the box that pops up every time I import a project to game. I've learned to live with it, but you can get fixes for some of these typos. Not sure if there's one for the smartmilk.

Really? I was worried maybe it was a sign the game didn't install right. That being said there is a fairly good chance it's been there for the past nearly a decade and I never noticed until now.  tongue I have up to Bon Voyage installed and the tickle interaction still won't work for children that aren't part of the household despite sharing a mutual 100/100 relationship and best friend flags. It just drops from the tickler's queue. I selected the townie child and the interaction to be tickled never even was added to his. I went to Mod The Sims and downloaded all the patches so once I finish installing my last three games I'll see if that does the trick and I'll update here after patching.

After all these years, I've never noticed the "MilkTo" typo. And I didn't notice it in Hammie's picture either. THANKS Theraven! Hopefully that's all the problem Hammie was/is having with it. I was thinking they were experiencing an actual problem with the Smart Milk itself.

Me too until now. I'm just hoping I was terribly unobservant as a teenager lol.

Thanks for the help and feedback. I've been having a hard time getting any help for Sims 2 these days.

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 09:15:38 pm »

A few typos were introduced with EPs, so it's possible a small fix to the game by EA may have caused other bugs (isn't that just thypical?)

If the "tickle" interaction doesn't work, it's possible you've got a mod/hack that interferes. Have you tried playing without CC to see if the interaction becomes available again?

Not sur eif the patches will help, but might be worth a try.

Some interactions may not be available for townies, and sims may need to be part of the household to do them. I've noticed that for a few other interactions. It's also possible the sims must be part of the family or household to do some of the interactions. As long as it's available and working fine for household members, that might be the case. I haven't tried the tickle interaction for townies, though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:22:16 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 09:01:38 am »

A few typos were introduced with EPs, so it's possible a small fix to the game by EA may have caused other bugs (isn't that just thypical?)

If the "tickle" interaction doesn't work, it's possible you've got a mod/hack that interferes. Have you tried playing without CC to see if the interaction becomes available again?

Not sur eif the patches will help, but might be worth a try.

Some interactions may not be available for townies, and sims may need to be part of the household to do them. I've noticed that for a few other interactions. It's also possible the sims must be part of the family or household to do some of the interactions. As long as it's available and working fine for household members, that might be the case. I haven't tried the tickle interaction for townies, though.

My game is entirely vanilla, not even bodyshop CC and this still happens. I think you may be right. I'll try patching when I get off work and see if that fixes things. If not then c'est la vie haha.

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 07:26:32 pm »

Maybe this can help? http://modthesims.info/d/304594
It doesn't say anything about the smart milk, but it seems to fix other typos.

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: