Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:00:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 won't run full screen on my S/O's laptop (HP)  (Read 5500 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:43:07 pm »

My SO wants Sims 2 on their laptop (which I have done before, they had to get a new hard drive recently) so I downloaded the Ultimate Collection from my Origin account. I get a "No directx 9.0 compatible drivers found" error. They have Directx 12 on an Intel e5800 graphics card. I have tried:

- Downloading and running the dxwebsetup from Microsoft and letting it install and then restarting.

- Using the Graphics rules maker which literally did absolutely nothing

- Starting the game from the most recent game .exe in Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode and then service pack 2 compatibility mode

- Following the leefish guide to replace graphics rules with hers in Config and CSConfig in my most recent game's TSdata folder

The only way to get it to start is to put -w at the end.  They're on the cusp of being legally blind and I am legally blind so it's very hard to play this way.

Please help me out!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:32:18 pm »

What is the exact model of your laptop?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:09:31 am »

What is the exact model of your laptop?
I'm pretty sure it's this one. I've also tried downloading the Microsoft Direct X tool and the June 2010 Microsoft files with the Direct X set up and it didn't fix the problem.

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: