Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:40:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Satyr "Shower-proof" Genetics (Updated 10 May 2006)  (Read 90482 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kwillag

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2006, 02:19:17 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy
our policy is males only - just males, only males, all the time.

That is a shame but I hope I can change your mind. I have waiting for so long for something like this, as I have been working on a project based on the pic prvided. Not all mythological creatures have to be male.

* CapricornSmaller.jpg (56.93 KB, 500x647 - viewed 419 times.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 04:29:20 pm by kwillag » Logged
wirelessguy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 04:26:40 am »

Quote from: kwillag
That is a shame but I hope I can change your mind. I have waiting for so long for something like this, as I have been working on a project based on the pic prvided. Not all mythological creatures have to be male.

The satyrs out of real Greek/Roman mythology were exclusively male and I believe this is what Marvine and Beosboxboy have based their project on. It is only in modern times that images of female satyrs have appeared.

So you can color my world with sunshine yellow each day
Oh you can color my world with happiness all the way
Just take the green from the grass and the blue from the sky up above
And if you color my world, just paint it with your love
Krayzieworld

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2006, 07:40:14 am »

They had guidelines of sorts on this - satyrs were always male, while nymphs were always female. One mated with the other. The offspring's species depends on the gender. Nymphs x human = half-human. Satyrs x human = satyr if boy, human if girl.
Forgot where I read that one, but mythology never did mention female satyrs or male nymphs. (Of course you still have the elementals, which are a different thing).
Yes, I dig this stuff, why do you ask? Cheesy

:coffee: You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music.
- Jim Carrey
TRIXSTA

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2006, 02:15:28 pm »

hey just change your project into a male instead.. it would be more realistic anyway.  Besides.. since when do females grow large ram horns.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:18:03 pm by TRIXSTA » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2006, 08:03:33 pm »

Quote from: TRIXSTA
hey just change your project into a male instead.. it would be more realistic anyway.  Besides.. since when do females grow large ram horns.

Artist with no foundations in the classics/biology/reality + art material = innovative/deranged/unsound idea

I personally have no problem with new ideas... just don't ask me to mesh them, coz honey child, if i meshed every "innovative" idea that was asked of me, the game would be a strange and unsettling thing for 99.99% of the players of The Sims 2.  I will be indelicate and say freakish, lurid, sickening things tend to be asked of me in PMs.  So if you see me saying no here, it is frankly because if we don't say no publicly, we end up with some freak begging in private for a female mesh with 6 breasts, eleven horns, seven eyes, and five weenies of varying length and colour that are animated... you think I am making this up, I am not kids, there are some real winners in my PM inbox from time to time.

So for the record, Marvine and I only try to address established, normal, and conventional mythology as it existed in antiquity, not the opiated-visions of some 20th century fantasist with an over-active libido.

So ffs stop asking for female versions, No is NO ffs.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
TRIXSTA

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 04:50:15 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy
Artist with no foundations in the classics/biology/reality + art material = innovative/deranged/unsound idea

I personally have no problem with new ideas... just don't ask me to mesh them, coz honey child, if i meshed every "innovative" idea that was asked of me, the game would be a strange and unsettling thing for 99.99% of the players of The Sims 2.  I will be indelicate and say freakish, lurid, sickening things tend to be asked of me in PMs.  So if you see me saying no here, it is frankly because if we don't say no publicly, we end up with some freak begging in private for a female mesh with 6 breasts, eleven horns, seven eyes, and five weenies of varying length and colour that are animated... you think I am making this up, I am not kids, there are some real winners in my PM inbox from time to time.

So for the record, Marvine and I only try to address established, normal, and conventional mythology as it existed in antiquity, not the opiated-visions of some 20th century fantasist with an over-active libido.

So ffs stop asking for female versions, No is NO ffs.

I totally agree bbb!  I was actually directing the comment toward the person requesting this mesh for females.  I have absolutely no complaints about any meshes being "male only" more power to you.  There are so many awesome meshes out there for females only that it's really cool and rare to have talented people such as Marvine and yourself to be making the coolest things for males only!   Keep it up, we love it!:grin: :grin:
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 05:07:40 am »

Do you know any body else who would be willing to make a female version? Cause every were I look it's male meshes only (not just you guys).

For starters I don't believe anyone could do them nearly as high quality as Ju did. Secondly noone in their right mind would rip Ju's mesh because they would have to contend with me. Thirdly I don't know if anyone would or not, this is not a request thread. There were no female Satyr's in Mythology. So unless you wish to go spamming various forum's request sections, which is your right and business to do so, I would let it drop in this thread.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 03:00:48 pm »

Do you know any body else who would be willing to make a female version? Cause every were I look it's male meshes only (not just you guys).

are you really trying to get banned?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
kwillag

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2006, 04:33:08 pm »

Quote from: TRIXSTA

That would defeat the purpose of trying to emulate the creature within the fantasy art it self.
macrobob
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2006, 04:24:06 pm »

beautiful job.  have you considered creating a medusa or gorgon?  that would be something to see.
vampmage159
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2006, 04:38:36 am »

Great work.  By the images I can see these Satyrs will be awesome.  However I want to know where to find the mesh & outfit.  I've downloaded all the files on this page as well as on the ears page, but all I find in the game is a Hairy Legged Man.  I need the mesh that shapes the legs & hooves & the outfit that gives it the "naked" effect.  Please help.
gusguns

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2006, 10:15:33 am »

Their works are hallucinating... Thanks boys...!!!
BeachSiren

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2006, 08:24:45 pm »

Fabulous!
Thanks so much.
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 06:49:55 am »

Vampmage, you mean that the body as clothing shows up with the texture but not the bodyshape?? This would be very strange and I can't imagine a reason for that, since if you were missing the mesh the outfits would show up as default Maxis clothing... But in case you missed them, the bodies as clothing are on a different thread on the "Satyr project" subsection.

Now, the satyrs won't use the mesh when naked if you didn't use the skintones uploaded here when creating them, they have a pretty recognizable thumbnail in Bodyshop or CAS - and god, I've seen the satyr textures on regular sims, it's totally freaky!
Lon827

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2006, 07:03:27 pm »

I LOVE YOU! *weeps at the beauty* Uber Sexy Satyr's.. Still swooning Shocked
So Fabulous. Bows Bows Bows THANK YOU! I am definitely Finally creating mysimself.

Follow Your Bliss
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: