Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:14:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Satyr "Shower-proof" Genetics (Updated 10 May 2006)  (Read 90472 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Suspiria

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2006, 05:04:53 am »

These are awesome.  Smiley
OceanPrince

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2006, 04:24:11 am »

hmmm i wonder now what my Mermaid and Satyr's child will look like? Maybe it will have a hairfish tail?

Abortive Sorrows
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2006, 03:39:01 pm »

Quote from: Kattspaw
Very nice! Now if only someone would do some Fawns.

Quote from: Wikipedia
In Roman mythology, fauns are place-spirits (genii) of untamed woodland. Romans connected their fauns with the Greek satyrs, wild and orgiastic drunken followers of Dionysus. However, fauns and satyrs were originally quite different creatures. Both have horns and both resemble goats below the waist, humans above; but originally satyrs had human feet, fauns goatlike hooves. The Romans also had a god named Faunus and a goddess Fauna, who, like the fauns, were goat-people.

The Barberini Faun (Glyptothek, Munich, Germany) is a Hellenistic marble, c. 200 BC that was found in the Mausoleum of the Emperor Hadrian (the Castel Sant'Angelo) and installed at Palazzo Barberini by Cardinal Maffeo Barberini (later Pope Urban VIII), the patron of Bernini, who heavily restored and refinished it, so that its present 'Hellenistic baroque' aspect may be enhanced.

The Marble Faun (1860) is a novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne set in Rome. The faun of the title epitomizes the natural, carefree Count Donatello: "Our friend Donatello is the very Faun of Praxiteles. Is it not true, Hilda?" is the opening remark as four young art-minded friends gather in the sculpture-gallery in the Capitoline Museums at Rome. "In truth, allowing for the difference of costume, and if a lion's skin could have been substituted for his modern talma, and a rustic pipe for his stick, Donatello might have figured perfectly as the marble Faun, miraculously softened into flesh and blood," Hawthorne allows. Later, Donatello's murderous crime of passion will destroy him and transform the other characters. (The "Faun of Praxiteles", as Hawthorne describes it, is an imaginary sculpture loosely based on Praxiteles' Hermes.)

Quote from: GARETH LONG
The Fauns, which are asscociated with Satyrs, but are known to be more gentle, are mischievous creatures with the legs, ears and tail of a deer and the face and body of a handsome young man. They follow the god Faunus and can cause nightmares. At times, they can also be quite cheerful.

Quote from: The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition 2006
FAUNUS [Faunus] , in Roman religion, woodland deity, protector of herds and crops. He was identified with the Greek Pan. His festival was observed on Dec. 5 with dancing and merrymaking. Another festival, the Lupercalia , held in February, is also generally believed to have been in honor of him. He was attended by fauns—mischievous and sportive creatures, half man and half goat, similar to satyrs. The female counterpart of Faunus was Bona Dea, also called Fauna.

In short - Kattspaw, I have no idea what they are teaching in schools these days, but your information is mistaken, fauns are all male always too, and the answer remains NO!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Sim_God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2006, 12:40:35 pm »

MAGICAL!!!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal
gilliansl

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2006, 12:44:56 am »

The skins are great and wonderful and look fantastic and I adore them...
But... but... my satyrs have no pokey-out-parts! Can we have them with pokey-parts too? (after all, what else are satyrs for!?)

Thanks
Gillian
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2006, 01:39:55 pm »

LOL Gillian, I totally forgot about that! Well I hope to do it very soon Smiley
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2006, 09:15:44 pm »

Is there any chance that the teen satyr mesh will be done? I can't let any satyr boys grow into teens cause they will have really hairy legs and funny feet without the mesh.
    By the way, thanks Marvine (and Beosboxboy) for all the wonderful things you create that make this game so much more than the Maxis folks imaged it could be.

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2006, 03:56:53 am »

Jwilson, I'll go back to this project as soon as I can Smiley
Glass3690

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2006, 03:57:33 am »

Excellent.  Thank you
jacques34

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2006, 11:28:30 am »

Great job! I am having a problem, though. Unless I don't know where to find everythihg, or how to put it all together, I am missing something. The legs are covered with hair, but they look human. The feet are human, too, with funny black things on them. Any ideas? Thanks.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 11:42:44 am »

jacques - you need to use the clothing also - it is in the this section

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
oniongirl999

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2006, 02:20:14 pm »

Yummy, I bet Mr. Tumnus is eating his scarf right about now
pacha

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2006, 01:21:46 am »

excellant work thanks
Codi Jo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2006, 06:46:05 pm »

thnx bbb these r great, hey think u could make 1 in diablo red ? was thinking of makeing a red one with maybe bull horms like in diablo pictures ive seen or like in the tom cruise movie of long ago, lol so long ago i forgot the name of it
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:57:35 pm by Codi Jo » Logged

SILLY BOYS Harleys , PICKUPS, AND SEMIS ARE FOR GIRLS TOO  :sign5:
gilliansl

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2006, 05:20:17 pm »

Quote from: marvine
LOL Gillian, I totally forgot about that! Well I hope to do it very soon Smiley

Personally, I'd love to simply toss out all the 'other' male messes and use ONLY the BB and slim BB meshes in my game! (Well, along with the horns, hooves, satyr parts, and the FUN parts (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!!!) Did I mention I REALLY enjoy the FUN parts?

Gillian

PS... for that questioner, the Tom Cruise movie you mention is "Legend".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: