Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:57:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to put inteen and insim bots in windows 10?  (Read 3385 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tinydogmum

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2018, 12:20:27 pm »

I  dont understand the layout of windows 10 ive forgotten completely what to do ive just changed from a windows xp 3 lolol so im mostly looking for detailed instructions on where to place the 2 downloads im using the sims 2 deluxe disc i appreciate any help i can get x
tinydogmum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:25 pm »

Can anyone help please? Im not familiar with windows 10! I need to know where to put the files? Frustrating me no end!

Once i get more expansions do i then need to uninstall the version's i have? Before download the latest ones?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »

Most downloads should go in the "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" location, which you should be able to access more easily if there's a "Documents" button somewhere in the Start menu (or whatever Win10 uses as a start menu - depending on the version, you can get a start menu like with WinXP). Some variations of the file path may occur, but you want the "Documents" or "My Documents" folder.

If you have (or get) the Ultimate Collection, the "The Sims 2" folder may have a slightly different name.

I think the Insimenator is downwards compatible to at least University, not sure if it works properly with only the basegame (some functions belonging to the various EPs will be missing if you don't have those EPs), but I'm not sure if Inteen is downwards compatible. You'll want the version that works with your highest EP (or SP, in a few cases).

If you want to install more EPs, try to do it in the correct order (order of release) - but if you can't, that's fine. You do not need to uninstall, but you may want to take a backup of your saved game (everything in the "The Sims 2" folder mentioned above) just to be on the safe side.

If you want to remove EPs it's often safest to uninstall first (not sure if it's 100% needed, but you do avoid some annoying issues that might crop up), and you should always start a new game if uninstalling single EPs, because otherwise you may get big issues with your game because of missing content. If uninstalling AL or M&G you have to start a new game, since these run on a modified game engine and may make the current neighborhoods and lots unplayable. You may also want to take a backup of your current game first, if there's anything you want to keep in case you reinstall the EPs.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:39:06 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
tinydogmum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »

! Thank you hun you rock!! It could be why its acting werid! Instead of inteen i might use two jeffs sim blender imgonna wait and get all the packs first werid stuff is happening lol like invisible infants and giving birth with no chance to name baby! Then on top it greyed out my quit game option! So i took it out the insimentator seems ok without using the machine i just use motive adjuster lolol only having the double deluxe which has nightlife and a stuff pack
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: