Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:00:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Created a custom skin, now top of child is missing and scalp texture not showing  (Read 5047 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:48:05 pm »

I bow to your wisdom and intellect here. I have literally little to no knowledge when it comes to meshing and skinning. I used a tutorial I read by Gknee to create a host and used a tutorial by Marvine to link teens and AM bottom meshes after modifying textures. When child takes a bath and becomes nude the top becomes invisible and on adult males when using maxis bald head or even hair that doesn't cover the whole scalp I see a pink color where the texture I created should be. Is there a easy way to fix this in SimPe or do I start over with a different host? 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:31:12 pm by mugwump » Logged
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 11:22:33 pm »

Firstly, what program are you using to edit the skintones? I know paint.net has issues with saving stuff like that sometimes.

secondly, you should be able to fix it in simPE; open your file (from saved sims) in simPE and find the TXTR panel
Browse through all of the textures, and if you see any black or missing ones, fix those by right-clicking the image and choosing 'build DXT' and choose your image file
Make sure you import it as DXT1, then commit and save your stuff

lemme know if you don't see any black/messed up image files

mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 11:05:51 pm »

Thanks for your assistance in this. I use Photoshop to edit images. I did as you requested and all textures seem to appear as created. Though it would be nice if I could decipher the numbers to be sure of what I was looking at.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 04:07:45 pm »

Would you mind if I take a look at the files?

mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 11:47:54 pm »

I would be ecstatic.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:48:51 pm by mugwump » Logged
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 04:12:58 pm »

All of the textures and links seem fine.

You might try temporarily removing your mod folder to see of that clears anything up.
Do you have any custom face templates or anything like that?

Also, did you clone a skintone to make this one? If you did, you might try removing the one you cloned from your mods and see if that makes a difference.

mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »

I believe you may be correct about something conflicting. I removed some hacks from the game and the child now seems to be working. This is a long pain staiking process. I was really hoping it was a quick fix. At least now I know it's safe to post these for download at Insimadult. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: