Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:37:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A way to add sims2 to show up in family tree  (Read 5407 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
elaine7717

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:04:00 am »

I need to find a way to be able to get add sims to a family tree. The best I think I was able to get was sim manipulator.But it Does Not make them show up in the family tree even though I can add them to family. The whole reason I was doing it needed to be able to have them show in the family tree. I have tried the german insimenator mod so many times and sadly I can not get it to work in my new game
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:50:36 pm »

The Insimenator mod has a Family Tree object (looks like the ingame Bonzai tree). One of the options is to add sims to the family permanently.

Are you sure you've put the mod in the right folder and all? Make sure to unpack it from the archive, and put it in your Downloads folder. I've used the latest version since I installed M&G back in 2009, and it works fine (for me and most other people who still use it).

I use the SIM version (adds menus to sims, spawn menu for the Insim objects, and menus when you click on the ground). The OBJ version only adds the objects so you have to find them in the buy menu (Electronics/misc, I think). Not sure about the DEST version.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:57:21 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 06:03:21 pm »

DEST version was for clicking on the ground to get the various menus. That version was a tad buggy in that it would override other game menus at times.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
elaine7717

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 07:58:00 pm »

Yes I have put it in the same folder that it has always worked in beforeWhen I used it before I had pets installed before I had to redo my game. I don't know if that would make a difference in it showing up in the game. It worked when I had pets. My stupid computer crashed and now I am working on a new system.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 07:35:44 am »

Could be you need the Pets pack (or above?) for these mods to work. Insim is supposed to be backwards compatible, but I'm pretty sure the SimBlender needs Pets (or above?) to work.

Sometimes you'll also get the option to ask another sim to move in if they've got a good enough relationship - but it's been so long since I played anything near vanilla style that I can't remember if that only works for lovers/fiancees.

Which EPs/SPs/game version do you have? Makes it easier to figure out which mods you can use.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:40:46 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
elaine7717

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 06:28:48 pm »

I currently have university nightlife but I am reinstalling pets soon
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 06:38:08 pm »

Only having NL and Uni would reduce the usability of mods like the Insimenator, since it's based on hidden or less available ingame functions, and doesn't actually add something new. Functions that come with EPs you don't have will not show or in some cases won't work properly.

Not sure which EPs are needed for the Family Tree to work, but I'm guessing one of the EPs you don't have added some of the functions, and that's why it's not working.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:10:34 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

elaine7717

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 04:04:39 pm »

Thanks for all of you offering help. I reinstalled pets today. INsim is still a now show. The weird part it fails to show up in the enabled custom content menu when I start up the game even though I have installed the download in the folder the object version.Before all this I had all these expansions and imsim and they worked great. Computer crash happened and I was unable to get my old game and downloads back. The only thing I can think is that I had an older version of insim. I have been looking for another insim download location to try and without luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: