Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:04:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop problems with Ultimate Collection - fixed -  (Read 5419 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lyss

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2019, 01:01:48 pm »

I want to go back to playing the Sims 2. I was able to get the Ultimate Collection when EA was giving it out a few years ago.

I just got a new computer and have downloaded CC, but I'm having some problems. First my bodyshop wouldn't open at all. I tried deleting the caches at the bottom of the EA Games folder but it still wouldn't open. All of my CC shows up in game.

I tried using a different version of bodyshop and now it opens but my CC won't show up in it.  huh
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:17:40 pm by Lyss » Logged
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 06:48:35 pm »

Is this the path that you are using for the UC version of BodyShop?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe"
Since your CC shows in game but not in BodyShop, it leads me to think that your BodyShop isn't the right one for UC and therefore can't find your CC.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Lyss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 09:17:33 pm »

Is this the path that you are using for the UC version of BodyShop?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe"
Since your CC shows in game but not in BodyShop, it leads me to think that your BodyShop isn't the right one for UC and therefore can't find your CC.

I have an Asus laptop that runs Windows 7 Ultimate. I tried using that one but now it won't open at all for some reason.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:06:55 am »

Try running it as admin (right-click shortcut or EXE, Properties, compability, tick the "run as admin" box)
I've got an ASUS laptop with Win7, and that's what worked for me.

Like Hobbes said, you need to use the proper EXE. Not sure if there are multiple ones in the UC, but the one in the SP9 folder is the right one.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Lyss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 09:15:31 pm »

Try running it as admin (right-click shortcut or EXE, Properties, compability, tick the "run as admin" box)
I've got an ASUS laptop with Win7, and that's what worked for me.

Like Hobbes said, you need to use the proper EXE. Not sure if there are multiple ones in the UC, but the one in the SP9 folder is the right one.

Thanks for your help! I had been running it as admin, sorry I had forgot to mention it. I tried what you suggested but it didn't work for some reason, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the Ultimate Collection and used Graphics Rules Maker and for some reason it fixed my issue. huh I think the SP9 bodyshop is the right one since that expansion includes M&G. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:24:51 pm by Lyss » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: