Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:49:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for bored mesher! In need of a fix for a teen LBB bottom mesh  (Read 5353 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2020, 06:18:06 pm »

Trying to create Bermuda canvas and swim shorts (see pic) but the huge belt buckle on the mesh really bothers me.

Mesh by the awesome VanityDemise in this post here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,110594.0.html
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

LBB teen recolors for separates available soon @ https://simsdogpound.dreamwidth.org/

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:51:44 pm by mugwump » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:52:25 pm »

The buckle is a separate piece on the mesh. Easiest way to hide it is through the texture. You make it invisible through the alpha by coloring the alpha black - you can do some trickery with the TXMT if it still shows, depending on how it's set up, but I can't check that without the recolor file.

The other method is to delete the two "buckle" mesh parts in the mesh file - but the problem with that is you could have some problems with recolor files where they're trying to reference missing mesh parts (could potentially cause crashes or other issues), and if you have outfits where you want to keep the buckle, the buckle would be gone. There's ways to fix it by fixing the recolor files, though.

A third alternative is to make a new, separate mesh without the buckle, and link your recolor to this mesh.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 08:47:33 pm »

Raven, here is Vanity's original txt http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1802767/ . I tried to black out that part and wound up with a brown block. I was hoping to include a texture of a string tie or low profile slip D-ring tie belt. "I was hoping".
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 07:50:14 am »

There were a lot of extra resources in that package, so I just took the easy way out and made a new mesh and recolor package without the buckle. They're standalone files (your recolors will probably need redoing - I thought it was best in case other people like the version with the buckle and want to use your recolors in addition), so you can have both these and the old ones if you want. You may want to change their names a bit - I just added "nobuckle" and "fixed" to their names.

You're probably aware, but the bottom does have a rather visible gap when used with maxis tops. I guessed it's because it's meant to be used with other LBB meshes (I have none atm) so I left it as-is.

Download here:
https://simfileshare.net/download/1803733/

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:10 pm »

Raven you are totally awesome for doing this. I can't thank you enough. It's very generous of you to give of your time and knowledge for someone you don't know. Thank you.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 04:28:37 pm »

It's really no problem. I like to help out Smiley

My site:

mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 02:39:25 pm »

This is what you helped get done....

and

now posted here: https://simsdogpound.dreamwidth.org/5204.html
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 05:54:28 pm »

I might just have to download these since I use TLBB as one of my regular bodyshapes. THANKS!

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 06:16:47 pm »

TheRaven is soooo awesome. Couldn't have done it without her help. They turned out really good (pats self on back).
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 07:23:18 pm »

I don't use TLBB always used Maxis for teens but I like these Smiley
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 12:06:08 am »

When ever I can make you happy, it makes me happy. Especially since, being from California, Ive been dressing like this for the last 25 years. lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: