Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:16:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing or Changing Templates For The Sims 2: Super Collection.  (Read 2607 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2021, 07:15:48 am »

This is a guide to the file paths that you are going to need to navigate in order to replace the default templates or add a template to the Sims 2: Super Collection App.

1. In a Finder window open the Applications folder

Go to the The Sims 2:Super Collection App and right click or control click the Icon and then choose "Show Package Contents"

Note on the Mac we don't have some of the EPs, so don't try to install a Template that is not compatiable, also the paths are slightly different if you are working with the 34bit version or if you are working with the 64bit version.

Note: When I use the word Replace, I mean that you REMOVE the Old Folder and put the New folder in its place.

Note: I advise making a backup of the existing Templates.

To replace the Templates in the Base Game you look in the proper file path.

For the 64 bit version the path is Contents/Assets/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

If you are still using the 34bit version like me, then the file path is slightly different.

For the 34 bit version the path is Contents/Home/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Looking inside the NeighborhoodTemplate folder you will see some folders named N### where # is some number, Strangetown is N002 for example. If you are replacing Templates with Fixed versions then remove the old folder and then put the new folder in its place thus replacing it. If you are adding a Main Neighborhood then this is the folder to put it in.

Next is the University Hoods, if you are fixing Templates then they need to be done too.

For the 64 bit version the path is Contents/Assets/Expansion Packs/University/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

For the 34 bit version the path is Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/University/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Inside the NeighborhoodTemplate folder you will see 3 folders named U001, U002 and U003 Replace these folders with the fixed versions. If you are adding a University this is where you place the U### folder that is used.

Next is Downtown,

Note that if you add more than one Downtown, only the first one will have Sims, so DO NOT ADD another Downtown that has Sims if you already have the default Downtown, if you do you will seriously Corrupt your game!

For the 64 bit version the path is Contents/Assets/Expansion Packs/Nightlife/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

For the 34 bit version the path is Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Nightlife/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Inside the Neighborhood folder is D001, replace this with your fixed version, or if you are adding more than one make REAL Sure that you don't add a Downtown that has Sims, instead only add additional Downtown Neighborhoods that are Empty of Sims.

Next we do Open for Business

SHOPPING DISTRICTS:

ATTN: It's important to remember that when merging in a subhood, the game will randomize all townie and service NPC names! That means Meadow Thayer, Kaylynn Langerak, Crystal Vu, and even Bella Goth, will all get different names. You'll have to fix this with an ingame tool like the Sim Blender.

In the the Open for Business folder we can add additional Shopping Neighborhoods if that is desired. For example I added the Shopping Neighborhood versions of Pleasantview, Veronaville, and Riverblossom Hils, plus I also added Sedona and Widespot RFD. I downloaded Sedona and Widespot RFD from MTS and there are other Neighborhoods on MTS if you are interested in them.

For the 64 bit version the path is Contents/Assets/Expansion Packs/Open for Business/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

For the 34bit version the path is Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Open for Business/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Inside the NeighborhoodTemplate folder, Remove the Bluewater Village folder and replace it with the fixed version, and add your shopping Neighborhoods as desired.

Next we do the Stealth Hood for Pets

For the 34 bit version the path is Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Pets/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

For the 64 bit version the path is Contents/Assets/Expansion Packs/Pets/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Inside the NeighborhoodTemplate folder you will see a folder named P001, replace that folder with the fixed version.

Next we do Seasons:

For the 64 bit version the path is Contents/Assets/Expansion Packs/Seasons/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

For the 34 bit version the path is Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Seasons/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Inside the NeighborhoodTemplate folder you will see a folder named G002, replace that folder with the fixed version.

There are no other Neighborhoods supported by the Mac so we are now done.

When you are done you can start the game from scratch and the game will generate all of the Main Neighborhoods for you, however you will need to add the University Neighborhoods that you want to use and you will need to add the Shopping Neighborhoods that you want to play. To do so you need to have a Mod by Mootilda This is a Mod that you need if you are going to have mutiple subhoods like me, so go to MTS and get Mootilda's Mod for Multiple Subhoods, unzip it and put it in your Downloads folder.

Curiosity Killed the Cat, but Satisfaction Brought It Back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: