Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 04:44:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to fix graphic card settings so projects in bodyshop open in 1024x1024  (Read 2646 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2022, 01:08:27 am »

I need help!  I have read all kinds of posts by folks having problems with their game after changing video cards and made changes in the graphic rules sgr. file and can now save projects in 1024x1024 but the project will only open in 512x512. I am quite sure there has to be a simple fix for this. I'll take any and all suggestions at this point.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 12:35:49 pm »

Have you tried this?
https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Body-Shop-Settings-in-The-Sims-2

Also, have you made sure the project is a 1024x1024 and not a 512x512 project? Some items have 512x sizes (face textures, toddler and baby bodies, makeup, some hairs and accessories, toddler clothes, etc.)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 08:09:56 pm »

How did I miss that. I have read tutorials and changed settings last year. I have ultimate collection but I would access "Fun with pets" right?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 09:35:23 pm »

Fun With Pets and SP9. From there I think it's the same path.

(If you search "Sims 2 fix Bodyshop" on Google, that link is usually the first result that pops up - in case you ever need it again and can't find this topic. Easy to remember Wink )

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 03:14:40 pm »

Ok... apparently I had already changed my graphics rules file for Pets back in December. Simswiki is saying I need to do the same changes for all expansion packs. My question is this... Can I copy and past the graphics rules I changed in Pets (complete with video and bodyshop changes) for the rest or do I just make the changes needed for bodyshop only?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 05:57:33 pm »

Is Pets your latest EP (by release)?

Technically it should be enough to do it for your latest EP by release (or M&G if you've got it or the full UC), but it's probably not a bad idea to change all of them.

The bodyshop-spesific changes you only really need to do for the Bodyshop files, but it doesn't hurt to do them for both sets of files so they're identical. If you later do some changes on the game-set and copy those over to the bodyshop set, you could end up overwriting the Bodyshop changes, which is annoying when you end up realizing it after a couple Bodyshop projects have gone wrong again.

My site:

mugwump

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 09:09:06 pm »

I have all expansions except for the holiday pack. So I guess Apartment Life would be the latest I have. Using the ultimate collection though it uses Pets to run. I have been using bodyshop that came with apartment life to create and edit stuff. All worked fine til graphic card change and then things went kablooey on me. I am thinking I should at least edit AL graphic rules and see what happens.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 10:14:22 pm »

If you have M&G, that's considered your latest EP. It's a "mini-EP" since the latest release and was piggy-backing off of AL's game engine or core functions, which had several changes from the earlier games. If you don't have M&G, then AL is your latest.

You'll want to use the latest EP/M&G as your base for changes in the game unless otherwise noted. You may also want to use the Bodyshop that comes with M&G (if that's your latest). Not sure if there are any changes between the AL and M&G version other than possibly some added items (which most likely would be read by the wrong version), but at least you don't end up with mods that don't work if you install them in the wrong place as per potentially confusing instructions.

---

The UC doesn't use Pets to run, but it uses the title card from the "Fun with Pets" compilation pack, which is a completely different thing - that original compilation had Pets, Family Fun and M&G - M&G is kinda the clue there, not Pets.

There's been several compilation packs that have 3-4 packs in them, and the UC has most of them in the setup (no idea why) - Double Deluxe was released quite early on (in a few variations), then University Life, Fun With Pets and Best of Business as three separate compilations in one go, some time after AL and M&G were released as separate packs.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Compilations_of_The_Sims_2

Regardless of compilations and the UC, original release order of the separate packs (separate EPs and M&G in particular) is still what decides which is your newest EP/SP.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 10:55:24 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: