Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:09:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EP2 required:In Testing Visiting sims never leave New EP2 Version Available(5/14/06)  (Read 18556 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2006, 05:31:10 am »

As requested:
This mod prevents visiting Sims from leaving your lots even if their motives are low.
EP2 or greater is required to use this mod.
This mod is compatible with FFS.
5/14/06 Posted a New EP2 version.

**This mod doesn't work well on college lots**

Note: Version 1.0b(EP3 is required for this version) is not compatible with my children stay longer mod.

Only download one file.
VisitorsNeverLeaveEP2.zip(EP2 Only)
VisitorsNeverLeaveV1.0d.zip(EP3/FFS)

**This mod conflicts with the bathroomusesyou mod**

I try to ensure that all of my mods are 100% bug free but sometimes a bug pops up that I wasn’t aware of; if you find a bug please send me a private message; I can usually fix it within a couple of minutes.

* VisitorsNeverLeaveEP2.zip (0.56 KB - downloaded 300 times.)
* VisitorsNeverLeavev1.0d.zip (0.46 KB - downloaded 332 times.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 06:21:21 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:33:26 am »

Squinge, what if they've outstayed their welcome and you eventually want them to leave? Will they only be able to leave if a controlled sim says 'goodbye' to them?  

What about shoppers?  Will they be able to leave the lot once they've made a purchase or are you stuck with them forever?

I think that this would work well for hotels, but only if you could control when you want them to leave.  This mod scares me a little, and I'm not easily scared!  

Will you continue to get new visitors even though they are 'once in never out'?  How many sims would you end up with stuck on your lot?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 07:46:30 am »

Quote from: Sandilou
Squinge, what if they've outstayed their welcome and you eventually want them to leave? Will they only be able to leave if a controlled sim says 'goodbye' to them?
Yes you must ask them to leave but that's how the person that requested it wanted it, you will be able to get visitors until the max visitor count is reached, I think that I will re title this for now as in testing because I never thought of testing it with shoppers, thanks for posting those questions:)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:55:08 am by Squinge » Logged

ariffrazalin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:14:08 am »

Is it global mods? ..  hwaa..  I thought it can be turned on and off..  could you make one that can be turned on and off? thanks...

what?  I'm a site mokey?   hwaaaa..  I dont wanna be a monkey!!
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:35:24 am »

I think this mod needs a complement. Once I had modified one item of the Insimenator ("static/dynamic Sims", that I never needed) and instead of dynamic Sim I used "drain motives". This item of the Insimenator allows you to choose an specific Sim, so I modded the bhav to drain one chosen Sim's motive to the minimum allowed so that (s)he leave the lot without passing out or wet self. It was very useful but the Insimenator changes quite often and it is VERY difficult to find the right bhav again.
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 09:49:16 am »

Hi all.

Many thanks for this Hack, Squinge.

As you know, I'm currently testing it out, and BTW, my DL'd version of "Community Sleeping" was out of date. I'm guessing that's why the visitors wouldn't sleep on my Lots. I had the old version which only worked in Businesses that were open, but NOT the new one which works for ANYTIME.

I'm reloading the game, and will test again.

My findings and "To Test" list as follows:

So far I've found that visitors WILL stay on the Lot, even if exhausted and needing to fall unconscious, and even if all Residents are asleep. Which rocks!

However, Vampires will still flee when the sun comes up. Pity, that.

I will test saying goodbye.

Also must test Walkbys. Will sims walking past(but not greeted) remain trapped on the Lot? A rhetorical question, I will let you know when I do. Wink

Some other thoughts:

Distinguishing between "Visitors"(ie. those invited and greeted) and Shoppers(those who turned up during Open Hours) would be nice. Especially if one wishes to run a Home Business in an apartment complex.

I also need to ascertain what happens if I close a Buiness for the day on a Community Lot. Ie. will my Shop Owner be unable to leave unless he or she says goodbye to Everyone on the Lot? Not a huge problem if that's necessary, but of course this WOULD ALSO remove Invited Guests.

Well, just a few thoughts, and I'll get on with playtesting.

Nevertheless, this is promising to be a very exciting project, Squinge, and I do sincerely thank you for making this hack.

Smiley

Adam.

Edit: Just an update...

I return with news, both good and bad.

Firstly, it seems that sims can indeed leave if bid goodbye. I just tried that out and it worked like a charm.

I've also been hoping to clarify whether or not sims who are just passing, but not greeted, get trapped. I planned to do this by triggering a Walkby with Wintermutaei1's Mailbox Hack... but unfortunately the option doesn't show up, and I think that maybe "Trigger Walkby" and a few other options such as "Trigger Burgler" were perhaps only available on PRE-OfB versions of the hack. However I can say with certainty that so far the only visitors detained on the Lot are those whom I invited over in the first place, so that would suggest at least that Walkby sims are immune to the entrapment, so that's good. Smiley

I must test this with NPCs too. Ordinarily the Maid, Gardener and others will only remain after finishing their work IF they are Resident(s)' friends, and have been invited(or rather, permitted) to stay behind and hang out. Hopefully that should remain the same.

And of course I have Employees and their end-of-shift/"Send Home For The Day" actions to consider and test... But so far so good on the coming-and-going issue. Smiley

Now the Bad News:

1) It doesn't seem to prevent Vampires from fleeing the sun. you can invite 'em over at night, but when the sun comes up, they flee the Lot. Bummer.

2) Visitors can't use beds. I've tried it with the "Community Sleeping on ALL Lots at Anytime", but that still doesn't help. WITHOUT the visitors make no attempt to find an accessible bed, but WITH it, the action is queued, and they walk up to the bed. Stand next to it, and then after pausing a moment, walk off still exhausted and probably wanting a coffee. They do however use toilets ok.

So, I tested this by taking control of a very tired Visitor. UNsurprisingly, The InSIM's Selector doesn't provide the Sleep options on the beds, but the Mind Control Mirror does.

Would I therefore be right in thinking that the "Community Sleeping" Hack was intended really for use with a Playable Family and their "Casual Outing" friends to use on Community Lots?

Either way, I've found that this Hack doesn't permit Invited Visitors to sleep in beds on a Residential Lot.

I believe this would be another OfB-related code change(aren't they all?).

It also makes me wonder what other functions visitors cannot perform. It's quite possible they can't cook or bathe. Though I THINK I have a "Visitors Cook" Hack, and I THINK it works on Residential Lots. I'll have to look into that.

Finally....

Quote from: ariffrazalin

Is it global mods? .. hwaa.. I thought it can be turned on and off.. could you make one that can be turned on and off? thanks...

...is a very good point.

It set me thinking that an on/off feature would be VERY handy for anyone wishing to make Hotels and Apartments on some Lots, but wishing not to end up with Visitors stranded on all.

Perhaps, instead of a Global Mod, a Hacked Painting or some such, which allows "Visitor Detention" on/off for the Current Lot(with Off as the Default)might be a better idea. It would ensure that we don't run the risk of Townies and non-playables wetting themselves in Community Lots owned by no one. AND it would eliminate the problem(s) of Shoppers not going home... or at least, it would reduce the risk, and any instances of this happening would therefore be a) the users' fault, and b) easily rectified.

And, assuming it wouldn't create a conflict, there could be a different painting that had ON as the Default. Then you choose which one for which Lots.

Items would need to be available for purchase in BOTH catalogues(Resi and Comm) of course.

Just a thought.

In any case, it seems I've more Beta Testing to do. Back later. :wave:

Edit 2: A further update.

Ok. Next up I've learnt that the visitors can't use baths or showers. I took control of a visitor, used the Personality Adjuster to Max her Neatness, then the Motive Monitor to kill her Hygene, and followed her around for a bit. But she wouldn't bathe or shower.

Looking through the forum at the various "Visitor Enabled" threads, I came across the posts about Baths and Showers, and also Beds, and Cribs. All are enabled, but I THINK I'm right in saying that Beds, Baths and Showers are only enabled on Community and Business Lots. But NOT on Residential ones.

Possibly the same with Fridges and Cookers too maybe?

Hmmm.

Well, at risk of being a frightful pain in the butt, might it be easy/possible to update the Visitor Enabling Hacks to cover Residential Lots too? And indeed, would it be awfully impertinent of me to ask?

It really would be most appreciated. And not just by me, i'm quite sure.

You see for a long time now, attempts have been made to create a workable, and water-tight, Apartments function for TS2; with multiple families co-existing in one building(but not all pooling the same funds or all moving out together etc.)...

Now, Inge Jones did a fair bit of work towards it by making the Lockable Doors and Security Tokens, so that sims within a building could be partitioned - some having access to some rooms, others to the remainder - but ultimately no one found a way to make the game treat the residents of ONE building as different families.

I put it to Inge and her forum that allocating rooms to Townies(who are treated as "Alien" to the family) would be a way of doing this, but the problem of Visitors leaving was never solved. Even with Monique's "Stay Later" Hack they'd still depart under certain conditions.

But now, it seems, that the problem is almost solved, and only the OfB-related "Visitors can't use it" problem remains.

So...IF, Squinge, you might consider Visitor Enabling a few more things(at least the essentials for Motive Maintenance, like Beds, Baths and Stoves) and on RESIDENTIAL Lots, then I'm sure I'm not the only user who'd be really REALLY grateful to you for cracking this long-time problem that's plagued many a would-be Apartment Builder since the game first came out.

Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 06:22:24 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 03:58:20 am »

I just posted a new mod that may help with smelly visitors when using this mod.

anyone can use showers and tubs

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 11:23:05 am »

I just posted a new version that should stop vampires leaving & it should fix the problem with sims not sleeping or taking bath's & showers.

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 11:52:57 am »

I will test it immediately, my good fellow. Cheesy

Thanks ever so much.

BTW, just in case you missed it, I made an amendment to that earlier post in the "Bathing" Thread. Maybe it's redundant now, but it might be of academic interest to an accomplished modder for future ref.

Here

Then again, I funno. Lol.

But anyway... Many MANY thanks for updating this. I'll test it right away. Cheesy

Adam.

Edit: Update to this post Re: the Visitors Hack:

So far so good. The bathing is fixed. My stinky visitor went and got in the bath within moments of me reloading the game with the NEW "Visitors Never Leave" Hack.

I'll let you know about Vampires and Beds shortly. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:10:49 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 12:08:38 pm »

Quote from: Thraxwhirl
BTW, just in case you missed it, I made an amendment to that earlier post in the "Bathing" Thread. Maybe it's redundant now, but it might be of academic interest to an accomplished modder for future ref.
Adam.
I just tried it on a home lot with 2 visiting sims one was taking a shower & the other one a bath so it is working, I'm not sure why it isn't for you:)

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 12:13:10 pm »

Hmmm. Strange that one, Squinge. Anyway(see above) the NEW "Visitors Never Leave" does appear to have the Bathing problem sorted on my Lots.

Beds and Vamps will be tested ASAP.

BTW, should I take OUT the "Visitor Enabling" Hacks for Baths and Beds now that THIS Hack has been updated?

Update: FYI, so far so good with a visiting Vamp as well. I summoned her over with Inge Jones' Teleporter Plus Painting. During the day.

She didn't flee!! Woohoo!! Cheesy

I've also got to test THAT with a Power Invite(which means she or another Vamp must journey here under conventional methods).

But... lookin' good, I must say. She didn't vanish. Smiley

I'll get back to you about Beds soon. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:27:32 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 12:26:02 pm »

BTW, should I take OUT the "Visitor Enabling" Hacks for Baths and Beds now that THIS Hack has been updated?
That's a good idea because this new version should allow them to use beds & baths without the need for any separate hacks.

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 12:28:19 pm »

Ok. I'll do that next time I'm in the desktop.

FYI. We keep simul-posting. Lol.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 12:29:13 pm »

Ok. I'll do that next time I'm in the desktop.

FYI. We keep simul-posting. Lol.
me & MissDoh do that all the time too, lol

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 12:45:42 pm »

Lol! Must be a psychic-thingamabob. tongue

Anyway, I've more good news. The Visitors ARE using Beds on my Residential Lots now too. Cheesy

So that's Baths, Beds and Vamps ALL sorted. Cheesy

Thanks ever so much. Now I, and no doubt other simmers, can look at ways to create Apartments and Hotels.

Best perhaps to keep this one "In Testing" for a while though, don't you reckon? I bow to you judgement on that, Squinge, since it is afterall your creation and your work, but it might be worth a little probation period to see a) IF there are any conflicts and b) if there are any other Visitor-Enabling requirements needed. You see, in a Hotel, I've got staff who are taking care of things like the cooking, and I've also got a Whatay Buffet, so no one goes hungry... but in an Apartment complex, these sims would need to handle meals themselves of course.

Not sure yet if they can.

And then there's fitness to think about. Is your Visitor-Enabled Punching Back suited to Residential Lots or just Comm and Business?

Sorry for throwing up more questions. Sad I'm just trying to think about the "bare necessities" of day-to-day living. TVs, stereos and other entertainments could be considered a luxury of course, but Motive- and Fitness-drop are the things I have in mind.

Stuff for survival basically. Wink

In any case, thanks so much for your great work on this. I'll keep putting it through tests for a while as I think up more things to try out.

Really, REALLY, I can't thank you enough for this one though. Smiley :wave:
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: