Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:27:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EP2 required:In Testing Visiting sims never leave New EP2 Version Available(5/14/06)  (Read 18492 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 12:55:13 pm »

Quote from: Thraxwhirl
And then there's fitness to think about. Is your Visitor-Enabled Punching Back suited to Residential Lots or just Comm and Business?
all of the visitor enabled career objects I made can be used on any lot:) , I will leave this in testing for a while longer just to be sure no new problems are reported.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 02:51:17 pm »

That's great, Squinge.

I've tested out the Punching bag, and sure enough it worked. I built four walls around a Visitor sim(so she couldn't go anywhere) and placed the bag in her enclosed space. With nothing else to distract her, she started punching it right away.

UNfortunately however, I have to retract what I said about this Hack keeping Vampires on my Lots during the day. Sad I've found that IF I greet them the very moment they are summoned, that's ok... BUT only for so long as my selected sim is CONSTANTLY interacting with them, one action queued after another after another after another etc.

The moment I click to do ANYTHING else, not interacting with the Vampire, she flees immediately. Sad

Don't know why that is. Sad

Edit: Ok, now this is interesting....

...What I've found is this:

If I SUMMON the Vampire to the Lot, using Inge Jones' Teleporter Painting, she's fine for so long as she remains indoors(that previous experiment mentioned before this edit was done by Power Inviting her and talking to her in the street). In any case, if she's summoned via an indoor painting, she materialises inside the building, and won't flee until the next time she's exposed to the sun.

UNfortunately however, sims that are summoned don't remain on the Lot if one exits to the Neighborhood... upon returning to the Lot, they vanish.

And of course, if one Power Invites a sim(like a Vampire) over during the day, well, he/she will by definition appear on the Lot outdoors, and you can't get them indoors before they flee.

So I'm not sure I see a way around it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:10:13 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 03:04:46 pm »

The moment I click to do ANYTHING else, not interacting with the Vampire, she flees immediately. Sad
Don't know why that is. Sad
I will see if there is another part that makes vampires leave the one I added to this version is called "Vampire - Should I flee?" and I changed it to not flee so there must be another one somewhere else.

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 05:23:24 pm »

Oooh, Squinge. I see there's a v. 1.b up there now. That's new, right?

I'll DL it and test it out.

BTW, I notice that you've mentioned that it doesn't work well on College Lots. What issues does it throw up? Dormies not going to class perhaps?

You know... may I make a suggestion? I mentioned this further up the page in fact, but what about the notion of taking this Hack's features and, instead of the mod being Global, placing those features in a Hacked Object that can toggle them on/off for individual Lots?

That, I would have thought, should alleviate any problems with the following:

a) College Lots. It's kind of unnecessary in Dorms anyway, because they already function in an Apartment-y way, thanks to the Myne door.
b) Other sims on Outings falling victim to exhaustion whilst your PLAYABLE sims are visiting Community Lots.
c) Sims outstaying a welcome, just generally.
d) Specific Lots would function as Apartments/Hotels whilst others would not.

IF one could toggle the features on and off, like Lights(preferably with an "Instant", rather than "Queued" Action) it ought to provide something of a safety net for players.

What do you reckon? Sorry for not bringing it up in the Original Request in the first place, BTW, but it wasn't until ariffrazalin raised this point that I thought of it this way.

Oh, and, contrary to my earlier thought... the default setting(when purchasing) ought to be ON(since you'd buy it chiefly for Lots where you intended to use its features). Though, obviously, Lots that didn't have one at all should behave as if the features are OFF. Smiley

What do you think? I reckon it would be a better approach to the idea.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:39:38 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 05:38:55 pm »

instead of the mod being Global, placing those features in a Hacked Object that can toggle them on/off for individual Lots?
What do you think? I reckon it would be a better approach to the idea.
I think your right it would be better if it could be toggled on/off, I will try that some time tomorrow & get back to you asap:)

edit: To answer your question about the dorms here is part of an email I received from someone who is helping me test this mod.

"Well, the new version doesn't work so well with dorms. They will stay, but they run around with green fumes for hours before they shower, and when they sleep they either pass out on the floor or in their food, or sleep in a bed for a few minutes only"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:44:08 pm by Squinge » Logged

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 05:43:50 pm »

Wow! Thanks again, Squinge.

I really am grateful to you for taking a few days out to have a crack at this one. Smiley

Once we've got a decent, pretty reliable Lot Specific version that allows Apartments and Hotels in this way, I'll stop bugging you for a while and let you actually PLAY THE DAMNED GAME for a couple of weeks, I PROMISE! Lol.

Seriously though, I really do appreciate you giving up a bit of time for this, and I will leave you alone for a little while once this is really working as it should.

:wave: Thanks once again. Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 05:46:25 pm »

Wow! Thanks again, Squinge.
Your welcome:) , btw did you read my edit to my last post?

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 06:44:39 pm »

God! No, I missed that!!! Lol!!

Curiously enough, you made the edit a minute after I posted. We've both been doing that all day, haven't we? Lol.

Well, in any case, yes, I think in view of the ghastly effects this has on dorms(I'll go and check if it's the same on my machine BTW), then a LOCAL Hacked Painting or similar object really WOULD be a better idea.

Green fumes, indeed. Yeeeuch!

Lol.

I'll let you know if it's the same with my dorms. Smiley
snym15

View Profile
:(
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 08:45:37 pm »

I have uni and nightlife. as soon as i greet a visitor, i am no longer able to interact with them and they just stand there where i greeted them. i removed all my other mods but nothing changed?

am i missing something?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 08:13:28 am »

Quote from: snym15
I have uni and nightlife. as soon as i greet a visitor, i am no longer able to interact with them and they just stand there where i greeted them. i removed all my other mods but nothing changed?

am i missing something?
If you are using version 1.0b EP3 is required for that version, I was having trouble with my IPS so I had no way to update this post until now, sorry about that:)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 08:06:52 am by Squinge » Logged

snym15

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 01:41:40 pm »

i have tried them both Sad
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 02:04:51 pm »

Squinge is having problem with his internet connection right now.  As soon as he can log in, he will answer and solve your problem.
ariffrazalin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 07:57:26 am »

Quote from: MissDoh
Squinge is having problem with his internet connection right now.  As soon as he can log in, he will answer and solve your problem.

OMG..  Is he a Man??  

Okay..  Urmm.. The beds and stuff is working..  the bathroom is working too..  and the vampite is working too...

But..  

If we invite small kid on the lot and then we do to the community lot/working..  we will get a message saying " I have other responsibilities" and " You should hire a nanny " or something like that..:mrgreen:

what?  I'm a site mokey?   hwaaaa..  I dont wanna be a monkey!!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 08:20:37 am »

Quote from: snym15
i have tried them both Sad
I will get the code from EP2 & post a separate EP2 version in a little while so you can see if it works better for you Smiley

Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 08:41:19 am »

Squinge, is this still a global hack?  Is it compatible with Monique's Visitor Stays Longer?   I would like to use it when making hotels - to enable guests to stay overnight.  But I'd much prefer it as a non-global hack.  I haven't tried it yet, but I will try it if it becomes non-global.  Thanks for working so hard on this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: