Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:46:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: EP1 required: New Lifetime Wants New Version Available(5/22/06)  (Read 46903 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 11:40:06 am »

Shortgal, Nec is right about that. Also, you can use either the insimenator, two jeff's college adjuster, or something similar to re-roll the LTWs for existing sims. Re-roll enough and they will get the new LTWs, eventually.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 12:09:04 pm »

Ozzucay is right about that Smiley, also you can enable testing cheats and then spawn the sim modder by shift-clicking on your sim. That has the option to add want slots, and re-roll LTW as well.
shortgal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 01:58:36 pm »

wow this is so cool, I got it to work, when I added the lifetime wants for all sims and I use the insim to reroll.  I got a paranormal lifetime want.  yeah!!!

I can't find the thread that has the artist lifetime want.  Was that in the first one?  I deleted it before I found out how to use it and download the latest three, the paranormal, showbiz and science.  
thanks everybody for your help and comments.
JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 02:45:12 pm »

Quote from: shortgal

I can't find the thread that has the artist lifetime want.  Was that in the first one?  I deleted it before I found out how to use it and download the latest three, the paranormal, showbiz and science.  
thanks everybody for your help and comments.

The artist track isn't finished and may not work at all, Squinge was having some trouble getting it to work
syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 06:15:22 pm »

Hi Squinge and everyone :hello2:

I thought it would be faster for me to post this here rather than email you. I hope you don't mind Squinge. Especially since things were done in a similar way when you were collaborating with jase on the breast feeding hack. Smiley

After a few days of testing, staring at the code for a loooooooooooooooooong time, and going a little bit crazy :hammer: I managed to find out the teeny tiny mistake. Whew.

It is pretty easy to miss, but what happened was, in the 'CT - Add Memory' BHAV from the MemoryVisionary.package file, there was a single typo. I should have seen this right away, since the error log even points to that line. You had:

[prim 0x007C] Want Satisfy (GUID 0x8E9560DB, Want target: Param 0x0001, (optional) Want level: Literal 0x000A)

instead of

[prim 0x007C] Want Satisfy (GUID 0x8E9560D8, Want target: Param 0x0001, (optional) Want level: Literal 0x000A)

A simple mistake, but I can totally understand how it was missed. I stared at it for a long time, and flipping back and forth between the Wants.package, the WantsTuning.package, and the MemoryVisionary.package I did not see it with my own eyes. :tongue3: It wasn't until I went to the trouble of physically copying the text from one and pasting it manually into the other files that I finally noticed the slight difference. :doh: Silly me. In all fairness, the 'B' is so similar to an '8' if you just glance at it.

Anyways, we can finaly :party1: because all 4 Uni LTWs have been enabled! Yay! Thank you so much Squinge for figuring all of this out. I greatly appreciate it. My game totally needs more variety. Core files or not, this is sorely needed. At least until Maxis wakes up and fixes it themselves. But I won't hold my breath. Tongue

Anyways, I will attach the new zip file here, complete with the Wants.package, WantsTuning.package and the four memories - MemoryEcologicalGuru.package, MemoryParanormal.package, MemoryShowbiz.package, and MemoryVisionary.package as well as updated versions of the RTFMs. I will also attach before and after pics captured from in game showing the LTW being fulfilled.

And I'll leave it up to Squinge to move the file up to the first post where it belongs. Smiley

Ste
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 06:59:55 pm by Squinge » Logged

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 06:54:58 pm »

Quote from: syberspunk
[prim 0x007C] Want Satisfy (GUID 0x8E9560DB, Want target: Param 0x0001, (optional) Want level: Literal 0x000A)
instead of
[prim 0x007C] Want Satisfy (GUID 0x8E9560D8, Want target: Param 0x0001, (optional) Want level: Literal 0x000A)
Ste
Thanks Smiley I had a feeling it was something simple.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 06:57:07 pm »

Hi Everyone,
My ISP is moving slow again so I can't post the updated version yet, I will post the updated versions for all EP's asap.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 07:47:24 pm »

Cool now we will have all 4 of them, were's the champagne so we can celebrate!

Thanks Squinge and syber Smiley
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 08:48:20 pm »

**Throws champagne at syberspunk**

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 01:18:55 pm »

Thank you Squinge and syberspunk for taking so much of your time to make this mod. I really appreciate it!
Ms.Perception

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 03:26:21 pm »

I also wanted to thank you both. I love that you've managed to incorporate the Uni careers. That's always been something that has bugged me to no end. Thank you both, so much.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2006, 05:17:05 pm »

I just posted a new version that includes the artist career LTW for all EP's.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:53:36 am by Squinge » Logged

greeneyedsims

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 03:54:42 pm »

Squinge, this is quite amazing!  Thank you for solving one of my biggest pet peeves!!

--green

Simmington Hills:  For Sims, By Sims
[/b]
Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 09:15:32 am »

Squinge, after I installed this, the icon for the Pleasure sim which normally appears when you click on the family info, disappeared from the neighbourhood screen.  
The Pleasure icon is there for the Pleasure sim when you load the lot and look at the panel that lists wants, fears, moods etc.  I did follow the install info carefully.  Have you noticed this in your game?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 10:17:36 am »

Quote from: Sandilou
Squinge, after I installed this, the icon for the Pleasure sim which normally appears when you click on the family info, disappeared from the neighbourhood screen.
The Pleasure icon is there for the Pleasure sim when you load the lot and look at the panel that lists wants, fears, moods etc. I did follow the install info carefully. Have you noticed this in your game?
No I didn't which EP version are you using ?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: